• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

P7200 Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

FDRadioguy777

I was wondering if anyone can tell me how much a new or used (in great condition) P7270 retails for, that is capable of ProVoice, EDACS, and P25 trunking. I have seen some for $1,600.00 used. Do they still cost this much? Also, just wanted to confirm that the P7200's are NOT capable of option 47? Thanks!

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
I picked one up off eBay for $575 and it was in superb condition.

In regards to #47, I have heard both yes and no on here. You may get a definite answer via a radio shop.

harrisradios

Hi FDRadioguy777, actually $1,600 is a pretty good deal even still for a P7270 with those features especially if it's in good condition. As for your question about option 47 I have been told yes they are capabable of it. However, I have not tried it with any of my P7200s. I mostly use my XG-75P now. I will contact Harris and let you know what I find out because I have received a few inquiries about this lately.

Also, $575 sounds like a steal for a P7200, however a lot depends on the features as well.

PACNWDude

$575 is a steal for a P7200. $1600 is more realistic.

However, sometimes deals can be had. I got my XG-100P for $1200 as a dealer demo with all options except encryption. (I knew the dealer and had done business with him before, so the "discount" was only for me, and only for the one radio. Wish I could have bought 10 at that price.) I did have to buy the programming cable though for another $125. Then I "needed" some accessories.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
They have been selling for around $375 on eBay for a few months now. I have one and another fellow I know purchased one as well. Came with all accessories (including speaker mic). Does PV, P25 conv & trunking.

VE3RADIO

They have been selling for around $375 on eBay for a few months now. I have one and another fellow I know purchased one as well. Came with all accessories (including speaker mic). Does PV, P25 conv & trunking.

The current eBay price is 575.. however it has more options with it than the one you got did.. 65000 channels etc..

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Yes, mine only came with SYSGRP=128 (only 128 talkgroups allowed across all systems). I bought a feature upgrade to max that out to 65k. Depending on the useage though, 128 might be suitable for some folks. My radio also doesn't have the ProScan feature, which is handy for roaming around but certainly not a show stopper. For $375 I'm not complaining at all!

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
I love how he says the volume goes up to 40 instead of 31 for noisy environments. I think that's the Harris equivalent of "turning it up to 11".

TDR-94

Yeah, the XG-75's have a volume setting that goes into the 40 range vs topping out at 31.

claman5

P7200 programming help!!!

Hello to the group!
I have programmed P7100 and P7200 radios before but I have a P7200 radio with a back tag of "900 MHz Portable Radio".
I did not know that the P7200 came in 900 MHz!
The RPM software that my programmer is using does only cove the P7200 at 764-870 MHZ,
This radio will not read.
What do I HAVE here with this P7200???
Thanks
Bill

claman5

This P7200 only has what looks like a Factory Tag "Top" tag with everything except the "FCC#" and the "RU#".
The Factory "Bottom" tag (M/A Com. INC.) with Model# is not their.
Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.