• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

CDM1250 radio output

Status
Not open for further replies.

iceman977th

Feed Provider
I have a CDM1250 I'm borrowing from a friend for the time being, it is supposedly programmed to only output audio from the front mic plug. What would be the pin outs to plug it in to wire a plug or audio jack for it? Thanks

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
The front microphone jack on these CDM series radios is an RJ-48, 10 pin jack. The outer two pins (1 & 10) are used by the telephone style handsets for received audio. It'll be a low speaker level, but you should be able to pick up audio there. I've never used a handset with any of mine, so this is from prior research. I do believe there is a setting in CPS where you tell it what kind of microphone you are using. That -could- turn the received audio on/off at the mic jack, so if it doesn't work, that -might- be the issue.

You can also pick up received audio off the rear 20 pin connector. You can use the older 16 pin connectors on these just fine, you won't miss anything useful on the two outer sets of pins.
Speaker Audio is on Pins 1 & 16 (don't ground either one)
Flat RX Audio is on Pin 11 with Pin 7 as the ground

iceman977th

Feed Provider
The front microphone jack on these CDM series radios is an RJ-48, 10 pin jack. The outer two pins (1 & 10) are used by the telephone style handsets for received audio. It'll be a low speaker level, but you should be able to pick up audio there. I've never used a handset with any of mine, so this is from prior research. I do believe there is a setting in CPS where you tell it what kind of microphone you are using. That -could- turn the received audio on/off at the mic jack, so if it doesn't work, that -might- be the issue.

You can also pick up received audio off the rear 20 pin connector. You can use the older 16 pin connectors on these just fine, you won't miss anything useful on the two outer sets of pins.
Speaker Audio is on Pins 1 & 16 (don't ground either one)
Flat RX Audio is on Pin 11 with Pin 7 as the ground

Thanks for the info. I think this one was set up to only output audio from the front jack, I can't find a setting to change it with the way it's programmed. I plan on taking it to the shop in the morning and having them unlock it for me.

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the info. I think this one was set up to only output audio from the front jack, I can't find a setting to change it with the way it's programmed. I plan on taking it to the shop in the morning and having them unlock it for me.
I'm not aware of a way to turn off Rx audio at the accessory connector via CPS or hardware. It is possible to disable the front speaker by unplugging it, but that still leaves the external speaker and flat audio outs plus the handset audio still live.

For the pinouts: batlabs.com

Search tags: The Professional or Waris Series of radios includes:

HT750 HT1250 HT1550 EX500 EX600 EX560 EX650 PR860
CDM750 CDM1250 CDM1550 HT1250LS+ CDM1550LS+ CDM1550LS

It may be helpful to search using wildcards.
If someone asks a question about one model,
the answer usually pertains to most, if not all.
They are all programmed with HVN9025 CPS.

Last edited:

cmdrwill

Check the programming for: Handset Audio.

If that is set, the audio amp is muted as long as the mic is 'off hook'.

And Handset Audio is about 600 ohm impedance for earphone. On pin 8, Motorola numbering, pin 1 RJ45 numbering.

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
Check the programming for: Handset Audio.

If that is set, the audio amp is muted as long as the mic is 'off hook'.

And Handset Audio is about 600 ohm impedance for earphone. On pin 8, Motorola numbering, pin 1 RJ45 numbering.
Would that not leave Accessory Pin 11 active or would it disable that also?

(I am still learning something new every day. Thank you for this tidbit.)

For the OP, the setting is found in the CPS at Radio Configuration ---> Accessory Configuration tab. Toward the bottom, just above the Ignition Sense is a check box labeled Handset. If checked, the radio behaves as described. If unchecked, the audio amp functions normally giving audio to the front speaker and Pins 1 and 16 on the Accessory Connector.

Last edited:

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
Every post GM300 piece of technical literature I've read had simply referred to unplugging the internal speaker if using an external speaker.

I'd pop her open and see if the speaker is unplugged.

jeatock

Premium Subscriber
Just an FYI: many of the Moto products 'float' both sides of the external speaker output above ground to create a balanced output. Grounding either side of the output will let the magic smoke out.

Status
Not open for further replies.