Whitfield County joining TVRCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
And article says it will be encrypted.

Well the article quotes the EMA director as saying:

I’m not 100 percent certain, but I believe that means that unless you are using our equipment you won’t be able to hear our communications,”

Without seeing the actual RFP, I would not count on encryption based on the statement made in the article alone as fact. The other TVRS users in Georgia are in the clear for the most part.

But then again, this IS rural north Gawga we are talking about....

rapidcharger

Well the article quotes the EMA director as saying:

I’m not 100 percent certain, but I believe that means that unless you are using our equipment you won’t be able to hear our communications,”

Without seeing the actual RFP, I would not count on encryption based on the statement made in the article alone as fact. The other TVRS users in Georgia are in the clear for the most part.

But then again, this IS rural north Gawga we are talking about....
encryption isn't really a rural north ga thing. It's a suburban and soon to be urban metro Atlanta thing. The more rural you go in north ga, the more likely you are to still enjoy the hobby and the public safety agencies use time-tested, proven reliable and affordable analog conventional radio stations.

Sent using my beta tester iPhone 7 using Tapatalk.
Ssh though. just dont tell anyone.

rapidcharger

That could have paid the salary of a new police officer for 5 years.
But maybe they can just find some volunteers to do the police work just like their fire department.
When you don't pay your first responders you can waste the money on things like consultants/ motorola salesmen.

Status
Not open for further replies.