Palmetto 800 in Pro94

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tlandreth

Hey guys, I'm trying to figure out how to program various agencies into my Pro 94 scanner. Ideally I'd like to have SCHP troop 3 talk groups including Greenville, Anderson and Pickens and some local law enforcement agencies on the 800 system as well such as Anderson County Sheriff's Office and Travelers Rest Police Dept. in Greenville. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Greenville operates in Digital mode so the 94 will only let you hear the digital growling, not clear voice. Anderson is on the Palmetto P25 which the 94 is useless on.
Greenville SO is not on the Palmetto 800 except for a rare use of the TAC TG's there. They operate on the UHF conventional freqs listed in the DB. Greenville County, South Carolina (SC) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference
SCHP is still using analog on the Palmetto 800 so you can still hear them on the 94.

Pickens is also mainly conventional with a few TG's on the Palmetto 800, all but 1 of them being Digital mode. Pickens County, South Carolina (SC) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

LarrySC

pro-94

The PRO-94 is Uniden made NOT GRE. It will receive the Analog SC Hwy Patrol. It will NOT receive TR, GVL City PD, 1/2 of GVL Sheriff, Anderson or Laurens Co. Contact me direct at: larryscan@charter.net for more detail. Larry

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
The PRO-94 does not support rebanded Motorola trunked radio systems, so it won't properly trunk Palmetto 800 sites in the upstate, regardless if the talkgroups are analog or digital. Time to upgrade to a newer radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.