Westmoreland Mototrbo

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Is the county of westmoreland still using Mototrbo 800mhz? I don't hear digital sound on them assigned channels anymore.

Voyager

They never have used MotoTRBO. They use P25, and yes they still use it and still on the same control channels since 2005.

Voyager

Interesting video. Never saw that although I know many of the people in it.

Anyway...

As for the license, look at the frequencies. They are all the NPSPAC Interop channels. I don't know why they licensed them as TRBO (and they are), but they are also licensed as SNFM which is the mode used in literally every radio on the system. There is no MotoTRBO used on the system at all. Aside from those analog channels, everything else is P25 (Phase I). In addition, the system has expanded in the past couple years into the 4-county (and growing) system called ICORRS. Look it up on the database. You will see it's all P25.

BTW, all the interop channels are also simplex, not repeated.

In the video, those users using digital radios were all P25 radios (XTS1500s, XTS2500s, or XTL2500s). There were some HT600s and P200s shown as well. Those are likely for the services that were using VHF. Some STILL ARE using VHF, but of course not those models anymore. There is also one municipality using 800 MHz P25 conventional.

So, while the county legally could use MotoTRBO, they are not, never have, and the radios in use do not have that capability.

I will add that there is one public works that is using MotoTRBO, and another using NexEdge, but that's unrelated to any county systems.

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
Love the one comment "We designed it" More like they got f**ED in the pooper. I will always say that 800mhz is the worse band for this area.

Voyager

Really? I mean it's not like there are any long needle pine trees that absorb 800 MHz signals.... oh, wait... :roll::wink::D

Status
Not open for further replies.