USB PC/IF Datacable Driver ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

N8IAA

I have an RS 164 and running Windows 7, my data cable is an RS20-047. Im needing the cable driver for my new laptop. It can not be found here GRE America Inc.
Any help would be great!
Jack

Turn the radio on, plug the cable into the scanner, and then into the pc. Windows will find the correct driver. Go to control panel, click on Device Manager, and see what USB port the scanner is on. In your programming software, make sure the ports match.
You're ready to go.
Larry

jacktextor

Premium Subscriber
Thank you both! Voyager I tried that link and could decipher wich driver to use. N81aa that doesnt work for me. USB ports are ok but it says no driver...

jacktextor

Premium Subscriber
Sorry to be such a dunce! I choose Windows 7 and it unzips about 8 files, non are executable as far as I know.. Tried another that was executable and it said "need to be elevated" Change is tough for us old guys! Thanks again for your efforts!

N8IAA

Thank you both! Voyager I tried that link and could decipher wich driver to use. N81aa that doesnt work for me. USB ports are ok but it says no driver...

You're welcome. But, that is November 8 India Alpha Alpha, my amateur radio call sign:)
Larry

RonnieUSA

Sorry to be such a dunce! I choose Windows 7 and it unzips about 8 files, non are executable as far as I know.. Tried another that was executable and it said "need to be elevated" Change is tough for us old guys! Thanks again for your efforts!

The one You need is a setup executable, and You don't unzip it.
Here's a pic of the one You need.

Last edited:

jacktextor

Premium Subscriber
GOT IT! I plugged in my other RS Race 1000, turned it on and it installed the driver. Then tried my 164, it then worked. Thanks you all!

Status
Not open for further replies.