Uniden Suppot or the lack of it

Status
Not open for further replies.

gfkeith

Wondering is there a way to get Uniden to repair and return a scanner in a timely manner. I have one that has been there since 9 Jan. It has been "in line" for return since 21 January. Calls have gone either to"busy call later" or on hold for over an hour. Is Uniden having lots of problems with products, staff or what?

tumegpc

I have one that has been there for about two weeks and no way of finding out the status. Online repair status say "Results could not be found for the information you entered"

And don't even think about calling because you'll get a recording that says due to high volume of calls they are unable to take your call at this time. GOODBYE.

tumegpc

Uniden Repair - Good news

Good news. after about 25 minutes on hold a nice lady took my call and was able to find out the repair status.
I was given a SRO number that I can easily check out it's progress online. So I think it's best to call before noon.

rcool101

Feed Provider
Not quite 4 weeks yet.. 4 to 6 is the norm. A phone rep is rare without being on hold till your next shave

gfkeith

RE: Slow turn around time from Uniden

Well after calls(rarely answered), emails and a letter my HomePatrol was finally shipped on 11 Feb after sitting in line since 21 Jan to be shipped. Here is my advice to all that deal with Uniden, Request 3-5 day shipping, pay the extra few dollars. If not Uniden will used Fedex "Smartpost", which is slower than normal ground service( I called Fedex to check on my radio and essentially this is what the agent told me). The other downside to Smartpost is it can be transferred to USPS, which is what happened to my Radio. It has been in Atlanta since 14 Feb. As of 1400hrs on 18 Feb, it is still sitting at Fedex in Atlanta awaiting the Post Office to pick it up to travel the remainder of the 60 miles(it is NOT in the mail system yet). So maybe I will receive it by Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.