Hopkins County P25 System

Status
Not open for further replies.

ky_fire_man

Premium Subscriber
It appears the new system has went live. I noticed the database update and updated my scanner. I am picking up Madisonville Police and what sounds like the Sheriffs dept using new numbers. They were "county 1" now they are 300's. Not sure who else is on the system. Anyone else out there monitoring? Also, how do you decode or figure out the talk group info? I will be traveling for work in a few days and will be able to monitor more than just passing thru for a change.

ky_fire_man

Premium Subscriber
Anybody monitoring this system? I noticed site 1 is on the secondary control channel. It is showing a pl of 67.0 and my scanner is not picking them up now. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

KD4YGG

Database Admin
Re: Hopkins County

It sounds like something is not set-up properly in your scanner's programming.

Try the attached.

Attachments

• hopkinsP25.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 100

zany

hopkins co

does it take a digital scanner to listen to hopkins co. now? the reason I ask is because I just went to the database and all the channels looked conventional to me.
thanks
zany.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
It will require a digital scanner. If you follow the link noted above and look in the Mode column for the talkgroups, you will see a "D" which stands for "Digital".

While I'm sure there are exceptions to the rule, P25 typically means a digital system.

Status
Not open for further replies.