State Fire frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Where were they in the DB and what lead agency/locations, if known. The reason why I am asking is that three repeaters will not be covering the entire state, which on the surface makes me believe they might have been a county or regional listing vs statewide (unless linked)

If they were not NIFOG or legacy fire channels that have been reassigned, or assigned to another agency to begin with, if I made the change, they would still be there.

There were a bunch of stuff that was outdated or no longer in service that was hanging around. If it was tagged deprecated, then it would have been removed.

There is/was "State Aid" analog regional linked channels and three State Fire talkgroups were incorporated into the trunked system.

Last edited:

PJH

Premium Subscriber
There were (I think I got them all) a bunch of duplicate/triplicate entries spread out between cities/counties and other listings. Those were all consolidated into their respective agencies and geotagged so you were not scanning (if using the DB aware scanners or software) the same channel 7 times (one federal one was in there at least that many times).

SCPD

QRT
Sorry for letting this sit so long, Thanks for you help!

Now I have more questions relating to the black hills fire freqs...
I see that they are splint into North, Central and South. I cant figure out why in north there is "Custer north zone" and then in central there is "Custer central zone" And in Central there is "Bear mtn Central" and then "Bear mtn South" Different freqs for each entry.. but obviously Are there two separate Custer repeaters and two separate Bear Mtn repeaters..one for each respective zone???

I'm confused

PJH

Premium Subscriber
If I am looking at what you are looking at, it's pretty normal for the
Forest service, nps and BLM. Some mountain tops or geographical locations can provide coverage for multiple areas.

In addition for logistical reasons, radio channels can be split up not to interfere with distant operations. For instance let's say Custer Mountain was one freq but can cover the entire area. If multiple incidents are taking place, the guys in the. Keith don't want to hear the guys working in the south.

SCPD

QRT
If I am looking at what you are looking at, it's pretty normal for the
Forest service, nps and BLM. Some mountain tops or geographical locations can provide coverage for multiple areas.

In addition for logistical reasons, radio channels can be split up not to interfere with distant operations. For instance let's say Custer Mountain was one freq but can cover the entire area. If multiple incidents are taking place, the guys in the. Keith don't want to hear the guys working in the south.

Thanks for the info!

Status
Not open for further replies.