New Orleans

Status
Not open for further replies.

CommJunkie

I'm sure a lot of people on here have seen the show Nightwatch on A&E. It follows New Orleans Fire/EMS/Police but mostly focuses on EMS. I looked in the wiki, but I can't find a list of unit numbers for the city. From the show I can see that the medic units are all 32 units (3220, 3221, etc) but I was wondering if there's a list somewhere.

W2IRT

Wondering the same thing myself. With Mardi Gras coming up I'm going to have the feed running most of the weekend.

Tonight (2/13/2015) they had a great shout-out to fans of Emergency! - the audio editors spliced in the Squad 51 toneout and klaxon before Dan and Titus' first run. Made this radio geek's night.

w5wht

My question is , I have access to a motorola astro p-25 system....will it adapt to the system their in New Orleans.
I think it phase 1

Thanks in advance

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Yes, NOLA uses the LWIN Motorola ASTRO 25 TRS, so if you have authorization, your system can easily run with ISSI linking to the LWIN.

KB7MIB

I was watching a couple of episodes tonight (2/19).
They used the "Emergency!" tone out (or one that sounds very similar) for one of Dan and Titus' runs again.
Either the producers really liked "Emergency!", or that is their tone out.

John
Peoria, AZ

Res21cue

Feed Provider
The Motorola Centracomm console comes with 15 pre-loaded "alert" tones. #15 is the Emergency Klaxon. Pretty neat. I think they are actually using it and not splicing it in.

Now, I know NOTHING about this area, as I am from Eastern Canada but I love the show...

Is there any feeds for EMS or FD there or are they all Encrypted?

Status
Not open for further replies.