Remote Control Test Software & VLC Media Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake68111

Today I updated the both Sentinel and the firmware (1.05.01) successfully.

Directly after doing so I downloaded the VLC Media Player and followed the directions for getting the media player to play audio from the scanner and it worked for a few minutes. I closed the program and tried to connect the Control Test Software and have never been able to successfully get that connected.

Now, I can't get either programs to connect to the scanner.

Any ideas on what I might be able to do?

[UPDATE] I was able to get connected to the VLC Media Player but it was only for a few seconds before the signal dropped out.

Computer, scanner and router are all within 5 feet of each other. I believe we still have a dongle issue.

Last edited:

daves1243

Premium Subscriber
No problems with the update here. VLC audio works on PC, but drops connection after a few minutes. Also tried VLC on my android phone on the same network, but unable to connect.

Anyone able to get the remote to work? I'm not sure what form the Host address should take.

joehemi

Not having any issues streaming with VLC on my iMac. Ping responses are great.

Using an ASUS RT-AC87U router.

Also verified working on my iPhone 6 Plus iOS 8.1.3 using VLC 2.3.0. VLC must be in the foreground to listen to broadcast. Also, VLC is no longer in the app store that I am aware of so you'll need to already have it on your iOS device. Only able to stream to 1 device at a time so far.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-02-08 at 12.33.51 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-02-08 at 12.33.51 AM.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 1,547

rjdj2000

Gone Cuckoo
Feed Provider
Anyone know of another app, similar to VLC that is on the iOS App Store? I have been trying for over a couple hours to find one that worked but no luck as of yet.

Also, anybody try to mess with VLC re-streaming the rtsp stream? I have been messing around with that as well so that I could connect remotely but I can somewhat get it to work but I get audio blips about every half second or so and the audio from the rtsp stream is very low, but there..

rnwjr

Premium Subscriber
I am using VLC on my MacBook and it works great! I am not sure what I should use on iOS and my iPhone 6 until the Siren App is released.... Any suggestions?

vortex360

Today I updated the both Sentinel and the firmware (1.05.01) successfully.

Directly after doing so I downloaded the VLC Media Player and followed the directions for getting the media player to play audio from the scanner and it worked for a few minutes. I closed the program and tried to connect the Control Test Software and have never been able to successfully get that connected.

Now, I can't get either programs to connect to the scanner.

Any ideas on what I might be able to do?

[UPDATE] I was able to get connected to the VLC Media Player but it was only for a few seconds before the signal dropped out.

Computer, scanner and router are all within 5 feet of each other. I believe we still have a dongle issue.

Both VLC media player and the scanner software has been running here for over 2 hours now without any issues. I have one of the scanners that first came out.

TangoFox

I can't get it to connect to VLC, it pings fine - however... and I can access the default page on internet explorer / a browser.

AK4FD

Catawba County, NC — FF/EMT, COML, AUXC, Skywarn
Premium Subscriber
I'm having trouble with the Remote Head tester. I have the VLC connected just fine no problems, but the Remote Head program DID find my scanner when I searched for it but as the pic shows when I click OK nothing happens, I can't get the Remote Head thing to work... Any suggestions??

8fffbef7f26bbb7b23a63b49ddc3fb94.jpg

AK4FD

Premium Subscriber
Ok cool lemme try it. Also I am a feed broadcaster on RadioReference/Broadcastify, can I still control the scanner remotely using the WiFi Dongle or Siren App when it comes out? Can I link into the already-broadcasting?

AK4FD

Premium Subscriber
6a7eba05923f03081b212abadd2d1488.jpg

Okay does this pic of the screen mean I'm properly connected to the Remote Head?

AK4FD

Premium Subscriber
Re: Remote Head

I followed the directions posted for the Remote Head installation & UPMan I tried just using the BCD536HP's IP address like you asked, still got nothing... I'm gonna delete and try to re-install the Remote Head software once more...

SCPD

QRT
Go to wifi setup see what ip is given. You need to be connected to same wifi as the scanner.
To let VLC player play audio need to have full address rtsp://ip-in-scanner/au.scanner.au

AK4FD

Premium Subscriber
Well the VLC isn't the issue, I've got that working just fine, I can't get the Remote Head program to work properly even tho I'm using the same settings as the VLC uses...

TedRHayes

Well the VLC isn't the issue, I've got that working just fine, I can't get the Remote Head program to work properly even tho I'm using the same settings as the VLC uses...

When you open the program DO NOT press Search Scanner, just enter the ip address and press OK. Try that.

AK4FD

Premium Subscriber
Already tried that, UPMan suggested it the other day...

TedRHayes

Already tried that, UPMan suggested it the other day...

Sorry, I missed that. The only other thing I would do is make sure your Anti-Virus software is not blocking the port(s). You've probably already tried that. I use ESET Nod-32 and I have it set up to prompt me for new connections. As I remember I had it create a rule to allow it, but I forget the port, and couldn't find it in a quick look.

I've had no problem getting the RH-536HP program working; in fact when the Siren App came out earlier this week, I was able to have RH-536HP running on my computer and Siren running on two devices (as expected, only one could connect to the Audio stream).

SCPD

QRT
You only need the IP example 192.168.1.1 no need to add rtsp, http : // or anything else.
Dave I just looked at your picture are you just entering 192.168.1.141 that all you will need to get Remote Head program to work

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.