• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Bricked Motorola CDM1250

Status
Not open for further replies.

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
I have no clue why the radio chose to do it to me this time, when I have programmed it before with no trouble. Anyway, I always thought the "eeprom error" message was fatal. Now today I see on eBay someone is offering service to fix it so the radio can be programmed again. $29.95 sure is cheaper than buying another radio - so is it true they can be fixed?

Here's the link to the service: Motorola EEPROM Error Service Repair for HT750 HT1250 CDM1250 CDM1550 Radios  | eBay

Mike

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
You must have an old version of CPS. I had 2 CDM 1250 radios with the eeprom error. I believe using CPS R06.12.02 or newer will fix the problem. Chances are the guy on ebay is just using newer CPS and it will fix the radio. Only problem is when you get it back your old CPS won't read it or write to it. You should get some newer CPS so you can easily fix it yourself.

Watch out for the latest version as you will need an entitlement key to do wide band (25khz) channels. Some of the older versions of CPS that fix this problem are floating around out there in the wild. Shouldn't be to hard to find.

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
Thanks Skypilot. I think I have found someone local who's going to look at it for me. The odd thing is I have programmed this radio multiple times, then this last time she beeped and hiccuped and I got the eeprom error. Makes me leery of the radio now!

Mike

giguchan

Premium Subscriber
What is the latest version of CPS anyhow? I think I might be a tad behind... I did go through that TRAINING they made me go through. That was the last time up updated. The Latest I have is R06.12.09

Status
Not open for further replies.