Decode Ham Radio DMR with DSD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dward42586

Premium Subscriber
I'm decoding local public safety agencies dmr systems very well with dsd software.

There are several ham radio repeaters using dmr in the area, but my dsd setup will not decode them.

Are there settings I need to change to enable decoding of the ham dmr signals?

Thanks for your responses.

kma371

QRT
They should be the same. Maybe the signal quality isn't as good as the public safety systems or they are using a different mode.

rapidcharger

It should be the same procedure but as kma371 pointed out above the signals might not be strong enough. I've noticed DMR signals (or any digital signals for that matter) have to be extremely strong to get it to decode well. Even if analog reception is very good, decoding digital is another matter.

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
Dave,

It looks like this DMR-MARC repeater is maybe 5 miles south of the lake. If not online and active its not much help to debug your setup. :(

OK Net -Mannford, OK
W5IAS 444.450 +5.0 MHz Color Code 1

dward42586

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for comments. I'm decoding public safety dmr from 35 miles away. The ham dmr repeater is about 8 miles from my location, so don't know why im not decoding it. I was told by a ham that commercial dmr uses a different (mode) than the ham version.

dward42586

Premium Subscriber
Ham dmr with dsd

The version of dsd I am using is 1.4.1. Ive never been able to get dsd+ to work for me.

But right you are about polarity. Ham dmr apparantly uses inverted polarity. I'm in business, signals crystal clear.

Thanks everyone for your input.

Status
Not open for further replies.