home patrol use

Status
Not open for further replies.

mangowest

sending a homepatrol scanner to buddy in tupelo MS.any special instructions needed to have him pick up the digtal frequencies in that area of the state.have loaded it by zip code for him for now.any assist from you will be very much appreciated.from his buddy in utah. ps we are noncomputer tech types and will need step by step instructions.....

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
sending a homepatrol scanner to buddy in tupelo MS.any special instructions needed to have him pick up the digtal frequencies in that area of the state.have loaded it by zip code for him for now.any assist from you will be very much appreciated.from his buddy in utah. ps we are noncomputer tech types and will need step by step instructions.....
Mango,
I would ask which Home Patrol are you sending him? The original HP-1, or the newer HP-2. Looking at the statewide system for Mississippi, it is a P25 Phase II system, though there are still a number of Phase I talkgroups (those marked with a "D") in use. But for Tupelo & Lee County, the talkgroups I see are all labeled with a "T", meaning they are Phase II. The Home Patrol-2 would work for the Phase II, "T" labeled", talkgroups, but not the original Home Patrol-1.

While there are a few analog Vhf channels listed for Lee County, these appear to be primary backups for the trunked system.

Someone in the state may have additional input, but this is what the database is showing.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Correct Lee County is pretty much completely TDMA on MSWIN.

bee

The Home Patrol 2 is excellent, on the +"Lee county",and Tupelo, Ms. systems..

I am located about 40 miles, from "Tupelo", "Lee county", Ms.

CNCJIM

Homepatrol 1

I just bought the homepatrol 1 from amazon. Not really sure if it going to work in my area after reading some of these post. Can anyone tell me if I made a bad purchase. It will be arriving tomorrow and maybe I should return it before I buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.