Bergen County Public Safety BCD996xt

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDK388

Premium Subscriber
Hi everyone,
Excuse my ignorance if this is a simple matter, but for some reason my BCD996xt is sporadically picking up on the Bergen County Public Safety Trunked System. Last night it worked fine and today it does not. I cannot figure this out. I downloaded the conventional and trunked systems from radioreference and uploaded via Freescan. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!

jaymatt1978

I have trouble because where I live I pick up the control channel from Mahwah and the control channel from Alpine at the same time. The database is correct, it's where you're located in the relationship the the towers that's the issue. Theres' really nothing you can do about it!!

GDK388

Premium Subscriber
I have trouble because where I live I pick up the control channel from Mahwah and the control channel from Alpine at the same time. The database is correct, it's where you're located in the relationship the the towers that's the issue. Theres' really nothing you can do about it!!

Alright thanks....It is a real pain because it sometimes picks the channels up fine...other times it stops on the channel and their is no audio and other times it scans through the trunk, shows a signal on the signal meter, but keeps scanning

Alarmguy

Former Alarm Guy, turned Radio guy
Premium Subscriber
I have had issues in the colder temperatures with multicast distortion as well. My local PD and EMS are on the System, and I have had transmissions distort and then it works fine the next day when the temperatures rise.

GDK388

Premium Subscriber
I have had issues in the colder temperatures with multicast distortion as well. My local PD and EMS are on the System, and I have had transmissions distort and then it works fine the next day when the temperatures rise.

Okay, so it isn't just me. I am having the same problem where one day it doesn't work and the next it does...I only want to listen to Wyckoff/mp on the trunk so at least I know there isn't an issue on my end

Those of you having problems: Have you tried scanning just one site instead of both Alpine & Mahwah (or if you are scanning just one, switching to the other one)?

I had problems with Mahwah, so I set my 396XT up to scan just Alpine and it works fine now.

Also, you might want to try loading all site frequencies in instead of just the control channels. Set your GPS up too.

Alarmguy

Former Alarm Guy, turned Radio guy
Premium Subscriber
I have a system just specifically setup for Midland Park/Wyckoff TGs on Mahwah Site. This morning again in the cold I was having chopped up transmissions and etc. I have CC and all other freqs in. By afternoon and night time it appears to be fine. I can see Alpine Tower out my window blinking at night, So I could try that.

I have a system just specifically setup for Midland Park/Wyckoff TGs on Mahwah Site. This morning again in the cold I was having chopped up transmissions and etc. I have CC and all other freqs in. By afternoon and night time it appears to be fine. I can see Alpine Tower out my window blinking at night, So I could try that.

Like you, I have a system set up just for the Wyckoff/Midland Park TGs. I receive Alpine much, much stronger than Mahwah at my house (near Glen Rock). The Wyckoff/Midland Park TGs are being carried on the Alpine site as well, so give it a try.

FYI; the site is not at the Armstrong Tower, but on top of a water tank at the nearby Boy Scout Camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.