MedCentral and Somerset County Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

mondaro

Feed Provider
As it is well documented here I visit the Greenbrook area in Somerset County now that MedCentral is on PSIC how does that effect radio wise the daytime EMS coverage for Greenbrook Twp Somerset County, does the Somerset Medical Center BLS unit still get toned out on the Somerset County Page Alert Channel then heads over to MedCentral for coordination or what is now happening with dispatch and response. As always,
Thank You.

Tony

W2SJW

Database Admin
SMC is RWJ. All dispatching is done on Middlesex's JEMS-1 like it used to be.

mondaro

Feed Provider
That is correct all the dispatching is still done through JEMS-1. Hasn't changed.

Ok, little confused here the medics that come out of Somerset Medical Center the 800 units have been dispatched by Somerset County so if there now being dispatched by MedCentral on 155.220 it has changed if someone can confirmed that would be awesome.

Thank You.

tvboy08721

I thought there was a talk group set up for multicasting alerting on NJICS from the JEMS 1 channel but I have never heard an alert on the NJICS talk group yet, just only 155.220. Are there plans to actually use that talk group and simulcast JEMS 1 because the reception on the Vhf channel is horrible and the audio is extremely low.

mondaro

Feed Provider
Good Evening,

Had some time today and got to email a person who works at Med-Central and here is the skinny.
All RWJ Middlesex and Somerset County are now paged on Middlesex Jems 1 155.220 PL 103.5
and will communicate with MedCentral on PSIC there Primary group. They are aware with the low
audio on Jems 1 and he stated it will improve shortly.

Thank You everyone who responded to my request.

Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.