Major Pile Up - Turnpike, Cranbury Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

TAMR213

Reports of a 14 vehicle pile up, including a bus, tractor trailer, and a car that caught fire. Apparently 1 DOA, at least 30+ "green tag - walking wounded", as well as others that are now stranded.

Multiple resources being brought in, including ALS and BLS units from surrounding agencies, an "MAB" from both Middlesex and Monmouth (and possibly Mercer). Sounds like there might actually also be 2 Command Posts working (one Middlesex, one Mercer).

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
Comms were all over the place. EMS Coordinators were bouncing back and forth between their 2 talkgroups and MICU Statewide. MedCentral had their units on the secondary channel. I also heard that they commandeered a tour bus that was stuck in traffic and used it to get people off the highway.

TAMR213

Comms were all over the place. EMS Coordinators were bouncing back and forth between their 2 talkgroups and MICU Statewide. MedCentral had their units on the secondary channel. I also heard that they commandeered a tour bus that was stuck in traffic and used it to get people off the highway.

Yep, was hearing various comms last night on the NJSP system, Monroe TRS, Middlesex County TRS, and MedCentral on the NJICS (some units of whom seemed to be having some reception issues) - on top of that I'm sure I wasn't even hearing everything (Mercer County ALS, etc).

mondaro

Feed Provider
The problem is there is too many chiefs and too many radio systems, the answer is one system here is your radio this is what your going to use, I know easier said then done.

Here is another thing is think about, all these systems at the state level there is a way for the medics to communicate MICU statewide but NOTHING as in ZERO for the BLS units.

If there is something on the statewide level for inter agency communications let me know I will purchase the radio today for my fleet of BLS 911 ambulances.

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
The Medic's are all over the place too. In this state they are on anything from VHF to 700Mhz. Those dispatched by Miccom out west are on DMR. MICU Statewide and the EMS TF talkgroups are fine, but most of the MICU units don't have that capability.

mondaro

Feed Provider
its out of control and there is no fix in sight, its sad to see, Even now If run I scene, just a simple MVA or MVC as my modern day EMT'S may call it, Even if I need a few ambulances from other towns I have to carry five portable radio's just to talk with the mutual aid and medical control and that is a bunch is bull**** !! Someone needs t grab this by the balls and come up with a solid solution, I am waiting to hear a coherent solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.