Siren App (Apple Store)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSC45

Premium Subscriber
I was curious if Uniden did finally release the Siren App to the Apple store?

Although, I'm aware of the misgivings with the firmware update from Uniden, and decided to wait until its proven
that it does work.

Thanks,
Dave

wise871

Database Admin
From the last message I read if it all had gone as well last week it would have been submitted. I'm guessing it didn't happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MidTNScanDude

We got the other "Updates" as a diversion. Obviously the timeline for the app submission did not come to fruition.

DSC45

Premium Subscriber
Thank you, everyone! I appreciate you all responding to my question. I've been checking out the Apple Store and searching for 'Siren' hoping I'd find it, but of course, no luck...

Once it is available, and could be down loaded to my iPad will be the easy part. Than reluctantly, I'm faced with the wifi dongle on my 536. I've been reading the posts trying to get a handle on activating it, but it just doesn't sink in.

Well again, Thank you
Dave

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Thank you, I'm at v1.03.03 in my 536, I haven't updated recently. Do I have to revert to v1.03.1 ??

Sentinel 1.03.1 is new. Firmware 1.05.01 is the firmware update most recently for the 536, and you should update.

Take care to follow instructions to the letter dependent on the firmware version present in your Wi-Fi dongle (find out by going to wi-fi information in the menu).

DSC45

Premium Subscriber
Sentinel 1.03.1 is new. Firmware 1.05.01 is the firmware update most recently for the 536, and you should update.

Take care to follow instructions to the letter dependent on the firmware version present in your Wi-Fi dongle (find out by going to wi-fi information in the menu).

Thank you so much!

ColonelMike

Premium Subscriber
Ironically I knew you would be the first to respond to this. Your defense for him has been admirable.

This thread is about the Siren app itself. He said one month ago that he expected a submission within 2 weeks if things went well. So again, he has been silent on the SIREN APP for the four days since the OP posted this. He has failed to say "No we have not submitted it yet due to issues" or "Yes it has been submitted" He is the one who gave a time frame this time.

ColonelMike

Premium Subscriber
We have all seen that thread. You obviously have nothing to add to the discussion regarding the SIREN APP as this thread is discussing. The man who works at Uniden said 2 weeks a month ago, this is after a year of waiting. HE SAID TWO WEEKS, not me. The OP obviously was asking about that as was I. I agree he has posted plenty but has not said if there is a delay on his two week time frame and obviously there is.

Apparently you don't get what this thread is about.

JoeyC

We have all seen that thread. ....
Apparently you don't get what this thread is about.

If you've seen the thread, then put 2 and 2 together.
Obviously a fancy iPhone or Android app will do nothing if there is no infrastructure for it to work with.

Voyager

Yes, he also said "if things went well."

If you would read the thread you said you read, you would have seen that there are some issues with a small number of dongles. I'm sure that wasn't according to plan.

Please stop acting like your avatar and use a little common sense. You have to have working WiFi dongles before you have an app that uses them.

Regardless, things are progressing, and I would expect that things should be straightened out soon. Many people are using the utilities that stream the audio and data. Not all those are working perfectly, but again they are making sure to solve one issue at a time before creating more. There is already enough chaos with the dongle update.

Posts like yours are exactly why UPMan does not like to predict dates, and why he qualified the one you quoted.

ColonelMike

Premium Subscriber
Again with the fanboys! I don't understand why you feel the need to come comment on a post that you have nothing useful to add. The dongle issue happened Friday and was resolved Wednesday. That is 5 days and Paul admitted himself that it did not happen on their 20 units they did in house.

You are assuming that the dongle issue created a delay. I am not. The OP and I and obviously several other people on this forum have a question. You two running around to every Uniden post and praising Uniden and bashing every one who has a question serve no purpose other than to harass.

JoeyC

You've gotten useful answers but you just refuse to acknowledge them, possibly because you don't understand the relationship of the parts involved, or more likely because you're just disgruntled at the time it has taken. UPMAN, or anyone for that matter, is not likely to take your hand and walk you through every possible step in software and hardware development necessary in this project. The updates are out there. If you choose to ignore them repeatedly out of frustration, well, that's your problem I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.