Mentor area can't hear the Cleveland system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bizzle

In the 306 area of Mentor and trying to receive Cleveland's 800 system on my Pro-96 and having no luck. Currently using a Diamond RH77CA antenna. Help...

Sportster77

Premium Subscriber
The 2096 I have mounted in my truck picks up the Cleveland system quite well throughout most of Lake county and it is using just the bottom section of a RS mag mount antenna laid horizontally off the back of the cab. I don't know how to help you.

tonya

Premium Subscriber
Does a RS2096 pick up the Cleveland System?? I'm looking at 2 of them that I never even tried to program for that system??

Firefox89

Premium Subscriber
I live at Lost Nation by the lake and can't ick them up from my house fyi.... I usually have to go more into like Wickliffe to pick them up... on a BC436HP with RS800 antenna.

budevans

Does a RS2096 pick up the Cleveland System?? I'm looking at 2 of them that I never even tried to program for that system??

Tonya,

The RS Pro-2096 is the base version of the RS Pro-96. It technically can monitor P25 trunk systems in the 800 Mhz band. But being an older radio it might not handle Simulcast systems like Cleveland's.

Along those lines the Pro-96 can't monitor 700 Mhz trunk systems. So it can't monitor MARCS-IP Cuyahoga County 700 Mhz. I would expect the Pro-2096 to have the same issue.

To get something similar to the HP1 that you have. You'd want to look at the GRE Pro-800 or the Whister 1080. Basically the same radio, with what ever changes Whistler made. But, the Whistler 1080 is pricey.

Your other options would be the Uniden BCD436HP (hand held) or the BCD536HP (base station). Both are pricey like the Whistler 1080.

tonya

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Bud, just for the heck of it I programed all the control channels into the 2096. It would just hang up on 856.1625. It would show the system and % but would not decode. I have 2 of these as well as a Pro 96. I'm going to give one of these to a kid I know that lives in the Hts. area. Its about the only place they will work anymore:)

Status
Not open for further replies.