Unknown TGID assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-One

Yesterday I monitored an unknown ARMER Talk Group. Hopefully some of you can shed some light on this for me.

I was monitoring at home with the HP-1 and the following info displayed.

Site: Oshawa - Backus
Department: Unknown
TGID: i770236 SRC
I500140 DST

The conversation was pretty casual and seemed to be between two LEOs, possibly MSP. Radio protocol seemed non-existent. The discussion revolved around using a ticket writer program with a printer. I have a recording if that would be helpful.

Why did two TGIDs appear?
What is SRC and DST?
The TGIDs were 6 digits and seemed unrelated to other departments.

On another occasion I monitored similar chit chat on the same site. I was mobile, so I didn't take notes and wasn't recording. The TGIDs were i600099 SRC and i830009 DST.

Thanks all!

B-One

Thank you!

So it is akin to a phone call.

Am I correct that the 6 digit number the user or radio ID?

These types of interactions don't seem too common in our area. I have not monitored any other icall conversations than the 2 referenced. I get the impression from the lack of radio protocol in this particular conversation that the parties involved may have had the impression that their conversation was more private than it was.

MPSMP

speaking of unknown talkgroup id's does anyone know what user is on tgid 4926? I did not see it listed in carver or scott co talkgroups..

blue5011

Thank you!

So it is akin to a phone call.

Am I correct that the 6 digit number the user or radio ID?

These types of interactions don't seem too common in our area. I have not monitored any other icall conversations than the 2 referenced. I get the impression from the lack of radio protocol in this particular conversation that the parties involved may have had the impression that their conversation was more private than it was.
You can lookup "general" ARMER radio ID's here on RR. You can at least find out what agency the radio ID are from. There was a chase in Mankato recently. I was able to figure out Nicollet Co, Blue Earth Co, and the State Patrol was involved by the radio IDs.

johnmoe1

You can lookup "general" ARMER radio ID's here on RR. You can at least find out what agency the radio ID are from. There was a chase in Mankato recently. I was able to figure out Nicollet Co, Blue Earth Co, and the State Patrol was involved by the radio IDs.

BTW, I've been slowly working on a list of individual radio ids that is as specific as I can manage. I've so far labeled only 11,450 radios. If anyone wants to contribute, the list is on github. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.