Colorado Meet-Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve2003

Its been a while since we had one of our scanner meetups. Any interest from the CO community in setting something up? Anyone have any thoughts? Time / Place?

Technology-wise, a lot has changed since we did our last meet. Just this week two users have reached out asking for help with their new BCD436HP scanners. I would be more than happy to do a training session and help the folks who need it. Also wouldn't mind seeing how others are making use of SDR/Dongles.

If there is still interest in doing one of these I say we set something up at least a month in advance.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Yes yes and we could even make it a virtual meeting via Skype or such for those unable to attend in-person.

Luke's pizza place is pretty centrally located and now that Erik's back maybe he'll have some ideas.

We should discuss our use of Zello also for those unfamiliar.

Great suggestion Steve.

Jim<

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
I'm game as well, a Pizza place sounds great (as long as it's NOT in Westminster, the city I've come to hate, lol...)

dw2872

Haha. Radio-dark Westy, not there.

Count me in too. I'll have a 436 and I'll bring it up from Colorado Springs with me as well.

N0GTG

Scanner programmer since 1997
Premium Subscriber
I'll be there! I'm looking forward to it. It's been a long time, and lots of new stuff since the last time - Zello, 436/536, Phase II, FRCC, MARC, etc.

ecanderson

Premium Subscriber
Didn't we go through this before. Isn't 'Luke's' actually known by a different name?

ecanderson

Premium Subscriber
Aargh. Now I recall why I didn't make the last one. You guys are half way to Amarillo, Texas. At some point, would the group consider something a little more centrally located? Centennial is a long way from Longmont.

ecanderson

Premium Subscriber
Um... really wouldn't have expected that.
Yeah, Centennial is as far for you as for me, almost on the money.
Is it really practical to do an "all Colorado" meet? What about those poor folks in Durango???

dw2872

I'll be trying to do one down here soon too. You should see about interest up north and have one up there after this one. I'm sure there are plenty of people on the north side but getting hold of them is the hard part b

ecanderson

Premium Subscriber
Hey, Bowler -- good to see another poster from the northlands. I see it's your first. We'll see what date is set and try to get it onto the calendar early since it's quite the trek from here. I wonder if we can talk HalfPint (haven't seen him in ages) and a few others into a shared commute as well? I can haul four easily, five if we don't have more than one that is 'girth challenged'. The two of us can discuss the finer points of lane oil and finishes and bore the other three to tears!

BOWLERPBA58

Actually, its not my first--when I had to re-set my password it put me back to my 1st post. If you are ever by the Elks Lodge at 3rd and Coffman St. stop in. I'm usually there after work every day, and we can cuss and discuss everything from scanners to lane oil.

Mark

Halfpint

Slightly NE of the People's Republic of Firestone
Hey, Bowler -- good to see another poster from the northlands. I see it's your first. We'll see what date is set and try to get it onto the calendar early since it's quite the trek from here. I wonder if we can talk HalfPint (haven't seen him in ages) and a few others into a shared commute as well? I can haul four easily, five if we don't have more than one that is 'girth challenged'. The two of us can discuss the finer points of lane oil and finishes and bore the other three to tears!

I'd like to go but, the past few years haven't been all that nice to me and I just don't travel all that well. I have a fairly large `support system' that I have to have with me if I'm going out for an `extended' time and/or have to be `mobile' wherever I'm going. (I've always known that this would eventually come to pass but, just didn't figure it would happen quite as soon as it has.{WanGrin!})

Suavechef

I could possibly go. The good news is that LuBo's is around the corner from me. Actually I drive by it every day on my way home from work. It would all depend on date and time.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
Will I need a secret passcode to get the date and time for this gathering, or will it be posted on this thread...?

Status
Not open for further replies.