ICOM IC-720A

Status
Not open for further replies.

caerickson

I have been using an ICOM IC-720A which is obviously a vintage transceiver. For some reason the frequency on the digital display is 3.0 MHZ off from the actual frequency being received. The frequency adjustment on the top of the radio is for minor frequency adjustments and will not adjust the frequency over 1 MHZ. Can someone give me some advice on how to return the display frequency to correspond with the actual operating frequency?

Any information will be appreciated.

Chuck Erickson
K7CAE

W2IBC

I have been using an ICOM IC-720A which is obviously a vintage transceiver. For some reason the frequency on the digital display is 3.0 MHZ off from the actual frequency being received. The frequency adjustment on the top of the radio is for minor frequency adjustments and will not adjust the frequency over 1 MHZ. Can someone give me some advice on how to return the display frequency to correspond with the actual operating frequency?

Any information will be appreciated.

Chuck Erickson
K7CAE

http://www.download.n7tgb.net/Icom_Manuals/IC-720A_Service_manual.pdf

IC-720 service manual.

caerickson

ICOM TI-720

I appreciate the Web address for the Maintenance manual. I downloaded the manual and reviewed the tuning options, but I couldn't find any mention of retuning the radio so the Digital Display Frequency matches the operating frequency when the difference is 3 MHZ. It outlines minor adjustments but not correcting an error of over 1 MHZ. The radio was operating normally before this shift of almost exactly 3 MHZ.

Any suggestions of what could cause this type of problem and possible solutions would be appreciated.

Chuck Erickson
K7CAE

N8IAA

I appreciate the Web address for the Maintenance manual. I downloaded the manual and reviewed the tuning options, but I couldn't find any mention of retuning the radio so the Digital Display Frequency matches the operating frequency when the difference is 3 MHZ. It outlines minor adjustments but not correcting an error of over 1 MHZ. The radio was operating normally before this shift of almost exactly 3 MHZ.

Any suggestions of what could cause this type of problem and possible solutions would be appreciated.

Chuck Erickson
K7CAE

Old age? 30+ year old radio, with out a doubt, is going to have parts such as caps go bad. Have you Googled that particular radio?
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.