Macon/Bibb - Police Sheriff Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgiaScan

Hello everyone,

Been lurking for a while and finally decided to make a purchase on a scanner. Been doing some reading and found out that Bibb has transitioned to the p25 Phase II. Radio Shack is going out of business and they had their new Whistler 1080 clone, the Pro 668 on clearance for $330. I picked one up and programmed it with my zip code, 31220. I then started scanning the police bands but am unable to pick up any traffic. I verified on Broadcastify (Bibb County Sheriff - Macon Bureau) that their was activity.

I am at a lose and am not sure what I am doing wrong. Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction?

GeorgiaScan

http://forums.radioreference.com/georgia-radio-discussion-forum/293175-macon-bibb.html

There was another topic on this,A very lengthy one,but i cannot find it for some reason. See if the above will help. I alos run that feed,so I will help anyway I can.

EDIT...http://forums.radioreference.com/ge...0636-central-georgia-interoperable-radio.html

Thank you for that info!

I loaded them into my scanner and am receiving transmissions but they are all garbled. I have tried the stock rubber duck, a RS 800 mhz and a Diamond rh77ca antennas but nothing seems to help. Do you have any idea why the transmissions are garbled? What scanner are you using to pickup the signals for the Broadcastify feed?

mjbjr

Im using a pro 197. I dont know why its garbled.Its sounds ok to me. And I havent had anyone report anything.

GeorgiaScan

Im using a pro 197. I dont know why its garbled.Its sounds ok to me. And I havent had anyone report anything.

I am sorry, I meant that my radio is garbled. The stream is coming in excellent. I may run to Radio Shack today and pick up the Pro-652.

I guess Macon/Bibb has not transferred to the P25 Phase II yet...

N8IAA

I am sorry, I meant that my radio is garbled. The stream is coming in excellent. I may run to Radio Shack today and pick up the Pro-652.

I guess Macon/Bibb has not transferred to the P25 Phase II yet...

Not yet. If/when you see a 'T' instead of the 'D' in the mode for the system, then it will be Phase II. Make sure you program in all of the frequencies:)
Enjoy.
Larry

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Curious, has anyone monitored any Phase 2 traffic on this system yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.