RadioFeed 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
RadioFeed 3.0

• Added - Scanners Text Tag Support - PRO652, PRO668, PSR800, WS1040, WS1065, & WS1080.
  • Added - Serial Port Auto Detect ports and scanners connected.
  • Added - Performance graphs located in the Test tab.
  • Added - UID logging for the BCD536HP was showing erroneous characters.
  • Fixed - Scanners Text Tag Support - PRO18 & PRO107.

BCD536HP & BCD436HP Text Tag Support:
Commas are not recommended in the System, Dept., & Channel names until Uniden finalizes the protocol.

Text Tags supported for the BCT8, BCT15, BCT15X, BC250D, BC296D, BR330T, BC346XT, BC346XTC, BCD396T, BCD396XT, BCD436HP, BCD536HP, BC780XLT, BC785D, BC796D, BC898T, BCD996T, BCD996XT, HomePatrol, PRO18, PRO106, PRO107, PRO197, PRO652, PRO668, PRO2052, PSR310, PSR410, PSR500, PSR600, PSR800, WS1040, WS1065, & WS1080 scanners.

RadioFeed and ProScan are the most powerful and feature rich scanner streamer software in this world.

RadioFeed Setup Instructions - The RadioReference Wiki

dmoore12345

Feed Provider
RadioFeed 3.0

• Added - Scanners Text Tag Support - PRO652, PRO668, PSR800, WS1040, WS1065, & WS1080.
  • Added - Serial Port Auto Detect ports and scanners connected.
  • Added - Performance graphs located in the Test tab.
  • Added - UID logging for the BCD536HP was showing erroneous characters.
  • Fixed - Scanners Text Tag Support - PRO18 & PRO107.

BCD536HP & BCD436HP Text Tag Support:
Commas are not recommended in the System, Dept., & Channel names until Uniden finalizes the protocol.

Text Tags supported for the BCT8, BCT15, BCT15X, BC250D, BC296D, BR330T, BC346XT, BC346XTC, BCD396T, BCD396XT, BCD436HP, BCD536HP, BC780XLT, BC785D, BC796D, BC898T, BCD996T, BCD996XT, HomePatrol, PRO18, PRO106, PRO107, PRO197, PRO652, PRO668, PRO2052, PSR310, PSR410, PSR500, PSR600, PSR800, WS1040, WS1065, & WS1080 scanners.

RadioFeed and ProScan are the most powerful and feature rich scanner streamer software in this world.

RadioFeed Setup Instructions - The RadioReference Wiki

Is the PRO651 supported for Text Tags?
thanks!
David

Blind_Shadow

Feed Provider
I just tried to update to the latest version. I keep getting errors:

Shell ExecuteEx Failed; Code 5
Access Denied

FileRep Malware

I am running avast virus software. I turned off the virus checker temp while installing the new version. Hoping that by bypassing, it would instal and stay. When I re-activated the virus checker after I started the new version, virus checker shut it down.

Any ideas? Also I did an install over 2.8 and did a clean install, same problems. I had to go back to the previous version 2.8, and it works fine as it did before.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
I suspect virus checkers that have "file reputation" checking in them base the reputation on how often a file is downloaded by the virus checkers' users. A tiny, tiny percentage of Avast users probably have heard of RadioFeed, much less download it, so Avast likely considers it evil.

Is there a way you can "whitelist" software?

For ProScan: My audio feed serving computer is in a remote location and accessed thru VPN/VNC. I got a notice from RR around noon (MST) yesterday that my feed had gone down - after I saw the message about 3.0 coming out, but before I could download and install it. When I remoted in yesterday evening, I found that RadioFeed was not running at all (though other programs that run on the same machine were still going). I downloaded 3.0 only to find that it had already been downloaded previously, at 2am (again, MST) yesterday, but not installed. I installed it and everything is going well now.

I did have "check for new versions" enabled. I'm not sure if it checked for a new version and downloaded it on its own, and then coincidentally crashed 10 hours later, or what happened - just thought you might want to know.

ottomatic

Premium Subscriber
I echo everyone else here. Great software. I have found something has changed with the handling of text tags coming from a PRO-106. last version was bulletproof. This release intermittently displays them at best. It seems quite possible that it passes short strings more reliably than longer ones. This was definitely introduced in the version because when I revert to the old version, No issues.

Anyone else experiencing this?

exportdawg

I echo everyone else here. Great software. I have found something has changed with the handling of text tags coming from a PRO-106. last version was bulletproof. This release intermittently displays them at best. It seems quite possible that it passes short strings more reliably than longer ones. This was definitely introduced in the version because when I revert to the old version, No issues.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Having the same issue with my Pro-197 Tags

alabamarailfan

Premium Subscriber
Hello All,
I have a Pro-197 based feed and the alpha are mostly working but I am having trouble with the text sent not matching the current channel fairly often. I have attached a screen shot showing that the current channel is "Morgan Co VFD" but RadioFeed is showing "Decatur PD Ch1" as the alpha tag and that is what is showing on the audio players I have tested (Winamp, FooBar on PC and ScannerRadio on Android).

If it makes any difference, it appears that the problem was only when scanning a TRS. I am scanning one P25 TRS and a couple conventional frequencies. It "seems" like each time it happened, it was one of the TRS talk groups that got the wrong text but not every time as sometimes the text was correct for the TGID. Hope this helps!

I switched back to v2.8 and the problem seems to have gone away. Hope this information helps and let me know if I can be of any help with this!

Thank you again for the awesome software!

Attachments

• RadioFeed3.0.jpg
    RadioFeed3.0.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 553

alabamarailfan

Premium Subscriber
I wanted to mention that I have another feed using a BCD396XT and it seems to work fine with the new 3.0 version of RadioFeed.

Thanks again and hope this information helps!

K9DAK

Premium Subscriber
I am running avast virus software. I turned off the virus checker temp while installing the new version. Hoping that by bypassing, it would instal and stay. When I re-activated the virus checker after I started the new version, virus checker shut it down.

Any ideas? Also I did an install over 2.8 and did a clean install, same problems. I had to go back to the previous version 2.8, and it works fine as it did before.

I too had this issue yesterday with Avast! and version 3.0, even after including RadioFeed as an exception to the file checker. I was forced to revert to 2.8.

KD0TAZ

Feed Provider
Try running RadioFeed with elevated privileges. Right click on it and select Run as Administrator and see if that calms Avast down.

I'm running a Pro197, and there are multiple agencies on my feed, so I don't want to try 3.0 until the alpha tag issue is addressed.

K9DAK

Premium Subscriber
OK, I submitted RadioFeed 3.0 to Avast! as a false positive. So, hopefully, in the next update or so it should be OK.

I disabled "reputation services" in Avast! and that allowed RadioFeed 3.0 to run just fine. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.