Ohio DOT Operations

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidjacobs2012

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know if the DOT operations have switched to MARCS-IP yet or if they're still on the MARCS system? I programmed District 8 Operations on the MARCS-IP system and I don't here a thing. I will assume they will switch in March??

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
They have been on MARCS-IP since back early last year. I've been listening to District 8 and District 7 operations all morning.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
I have Dayton, Lebanon, Miltonville, Dunlap, Butler County Simulcast and Warren County Simulcast. D-7 is off of the Dayton tower, D-8 mainly off Lebanon.

davidjacobs2012

Premium Subscriber
I have Dayton, Lebanon, Miltonville, Dunlap, Butler County Simulcast and Warren County Simulcast. D-7 is off of the Dayton tower, D-8 mainly off Lebanon.

Okay thanks. Because I have lebanon. miltonville, Dunlap, Batavia, and northbend. I can't hear anything

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
D-7 Montgomery County ops have been much busier than D-8. D-8 is rather quiet this morning. Wait til tomorrow morning the action will pick up.

davidjacobs2012

Premium Subscriber
I also forgot to add this: I notice ODOT trucks have CBs in them. Does anybody know what channel they usually monitor? Never know when that can be useful since I drive a truck too...

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Thats not a CB antenna, thats a low band antenna. All ODOT ops are on -IP now.

And I'm kind of missing hearing the outpost status checks on low band. End of an era.

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
There is no reason whatsoever any ODOT unit would need to communicate on CB, nor can I see the state spending one dime for a CB setup.

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
Okay I rescind my previous post. That would make sense to have that capability. I haven't listened to 19 in quite some.

Jfh1959

Odot

I worked for odot for 25 years,and yes some guys have cb's in there trucks,you don't always want your boss to hear what you and one of your friends are talking about!

Status
Not open for further replies.