• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

How much is a XG-100 worth ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimboyle

I literally have a screw loose !
I have a Harris Unity XG-100, All features enabled except p-25 trunk ( has p25 conv and fpp ) excellent condition and rapid charger ?

I'm wanting to sell it and buy an apx 7000.

I never see them on e-bay ?

KF4COP - Jim

PACNWDude

I have seen them on occasion for around $1600-1700 in the past few months. That would be with the single charger and radio with battery and belt clip.

Still have mine and love it compared to the APX7000 though. Having all bands in one radio is what I need. For Motorola compatibility, well the APX is obviously the way to go. Just be sure to get one in the correct bands you need, you get to pick two.

An agency near me bought APX7000's and failed to realize that they ordered UHF2 and 800MHz when they needed VHF and UHF1. Expensive mistake as they didn't notice for several months.

Be aware there are dual band and single band Unity's that look exactly the same XP-100!

The only multi band ones are model/item number XP-100F or XP-100F-IS (intrinsic safe).
Also, CURRENT production radios increased in price, but come standard with Analog NB and P25 Conventional + Digital. All other features are extra + Harris will give anyone slight trouble in enabling WB, if you are not with a FED agency.

PACNWDude

They go very fast at that price. And considering they have "Buy It Now", maybe it is a demo or something is wrong with it. Mine came from a local dealer demo and was actually cheaper than that.

Mine is also not a current model, it was purchased about 3 years ago and was maybe a year old at that point. Did several software updates and it is an IS rated version with VHF/UHF/800MHz and GPS. Was not aware of single and dual band only models. That could explain the pricing.

I have seen them on occasion for around $1600-1700 in the past few months. That would be with the single charger and radio with battery and belt clip.

Still have mine and love it compared to the APX7000 though. Having all bands in one radio is what I need. For Motorola compatibility, well the APX is obviously the way to go. Just be sure to get one in the correct bands you need, you get to pick two.

An agency near me bought APX7000's and failed to realize that they ordered UHF2 and 800MHz when they needed VHF and UHF1. Expensive mistake as they didn't notice for several months.

I have been watching ebay, forums for Unity's and in four years I've seen only 5 that were quad band.

They go very fast at that price. And considering they have "Buy It Now", maybe it is a demo or something is wrong with it. Mine came from a local dealer demo and was actually cheaper than that.

Mine is also not a current model, it was purchased about 3 years ago and was maybe a year old at that point. Did several software updates and it is an IS rated version with VHF/UHF/800MHz and GPS. Was not aware of single and dual band only models. That could explain the pricing.

Sent you a private message.

gesucks

Good luck finding one with all bands, P25 trunking, Phase 2 and DES/AES and current firmware for under $3000.00 used.

I have seen less than 5 out in the wild and most of the did not have AES/DES or P25 trunking let alone Phase 2.

I have only seen 2 used XG100M mobiles in the wild. I was conventional only with no low band and nothing else. I purchased the other.

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
Yea it seems the people that have them are hanging onto them. Adding P25-trunking and Phase 2 is going to cost more than the radio!

gesucks

Not a Unity, but I am selling my XG75M in 7/800 with EDACS/ProVoice, P25 trunking Phase 1&2 if any does not need all the bands. Remote and dash set up. PM me for details. Does everything the Unity Mobile does in one band

Not a Unity, but I am selling my XG75M in 7/800 with EDACS/ProVoice, P25 trunking Phase 1&2 if any does not need all the bands. Remote and dash set up. PM me for details. Does everything the Unity Mobile does in one band

Not sure to whom you directed the posting. Thanks for the heads up, anyways but... Since I operate on VHF + UHF-R1 & R2, only multiband a will cut the weight down, except when having to Tx/Rx on two bands at the same time. But then again 2, 3... Multibands won't hurt!

jimboyle

I literally have a screw loose !
More info ......

Harris XP-100F Radio

Features,
P25 Conventional
VHF
UHF
7-800
GPS
Bluetooth
Wideband

Included is Li polymer Battery ( 31 charge cycles on it )
Smart Charger ( Rapid desk charger )
Antenna
and Radio

I'm Looking for how much to list it for on e-bay.

Open to a trade for APX7000 if Local to central NC

Harris XP-100F Radio

Features,
P25 Conventional
VHF
UHF
7-800
GPS
Bluetooth
Wideband

Included is Li polymer Battery ( 31 charge cycles on it )
Smart Charger ( Rapid desk charger )
Antenna and Radio

I'm Looking for how much to list it for on e-bay.

Open to a trade for APX7000 if Local to central NC

Warning:
eBay charges 13% + their shipping fee for shipping an item. It sucks! Watch out for 99% hacked/ALT APX's, because if they fail Motorola will NOT repair them.

I'm about to purchase a unity, from dealer! How much do you want? PM me with price!

Let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.