Oil Company in Somersworth

Status
Not open for further replies.

mainetrunk

For a long time now, I've been hearing an oil company in Somersworth. 151.595--pl--203.5... I assume it is Somersworth, I've heard a few streets mentioned, as well as Jenco in Rollinsford.. I believe the office is on Buffensville rd, 1/4 mile from the 4 way intersection heading to Dover on the left. ( They don't talk much ), and now they are sharing the --freq-- with a nexden signal. I-O-W, someone not far away has the same freq, but nexden... I heard this Oil company on my 2nd scanner ever--the pro 94 a while back... The office always gives me 5 bars. 5 miles as the crow flies.. Has anyone else heard it? I think it is Phipps, but can't be sure til I see it in person/hear it too...

jmarcel66

Feed Provider
The oil company doesn't appear to be licensed, unless using a radio shops license. Horizon Communications is licensed on 151.5950 for both Streaked Mountain and more importantly on Mt Hope in Maine. They operate a large NXDN system.

Schristenbury

Fortier & Sons on Green Street in Somersworth, right near Janco, was licensed on 151.595 with a license of WNCY707. Their license expired back in 05 or 06...maybe they continue to operate on that frequency?

Skip

mainetrunk

FORTIER, --that's-- the name I was thinking. The owner's mother was my mother's friend.. O.K, ,, they are opperating on an expired license? . No wonder they don't say much.. Thanks Schristenbury!! Green street huh? I wonder what that antenna is on Buffensville rd? Hmmmm

Schristenbury

Dennis runs property management companies in New Hampshire and Florida. His wife runs a hairdressing shop out of the house as well. Back in the 80s and 90s there was a boatload of realtors, developers and property managers running VHF/UHF around here, though they're all about gone now....

Status
Not open for further replies.