Feedback Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deziel0495

PE/NB Database Guy
Database Admin
So I'm having an issue with my coax setup. As shown in the attached image, I have 2 scanners and 1 antenna wired using a standard coax cable splitter. Everything works fine, both scanners are using the same antenna with no issues BUT one scanner is used to provide an online feed.

I want to provide a feed with the second one as well but when I plug in the aux cable to the computer, audio from both scanners cross over each other's feed. As long as 1 scanner is not plugged into a computer via aux cable, this issue does not happen.

Would a ground loop isolator solve this issue, or would I need a multicoupler?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20150217_112409.jpg
    IMG_20150217_112409.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 364

cabletech

I take it you are trying to use a single computer for your feed service? If this is correct, it is NOT the antenna system causing the problem.

Unless you have the computer set up to accept several audio inputs at the same time, this is were the problem is.

Deziel0495

PE/NB Database Guy
Database Admin
I take it you are trying to use a single computer for your feed service? If this is correct, it is NOT the antenna system causing the problem.

Unless you have the computer set up to accept several audio inputs at the same time, this is were the problem is.

I have 2 computers, and 1 USB sound card I could use. Tried all 3 but no matter what combination, as long as both AUX cords of each scanner are connected to an input at once, I get the cross over issue.

Deziel0495

PE/NB Database Guy
Database Admin
Just switched my feed to a stereo feed. No problems what so ever. So it only happens when I try to setup 2 separate mono feeds.

putterizer

I had this same exact audio crossover issue when I was attempting to use 2 scanners on one antenna and one computer. I thought somehow the audio was crossing sound cards in the computer. I have been chasing this issue for months and was just about to give up. Just a couple days ago I hooked up a second computer and second scanner. It still crossed over even when I had it hooked up to the new computer.
Then I got thinking...the only thing that was tying the two scanners together was the antenna cable. I disconnected the antenna and the problem was gone.

So now i have 2 scanners hooked up to one computer with 2 sound cards. One scanner and sound card runs TwoToneDetect and the second one powers my feed. I have the TwoToneDetect scanner running off a telescoping antenna, and not my outdoor one.

What can be used inline on the antenna cable to isolate the 2 scanners so the audio doesn't cross?

Deziel0495

PE/NB Database Guy
Database Admin
What can be used inline on the antenna cable to isolate the 2 scanners so the audio doesn't cross?

When I was trying my mono feeds I was having the exact same issue. If I unhooked one of the antenna cables or aux cables on one of the scanners, the cross over stopped. I am now running a stereo feed on 1 computer with 1 sound card, and this issue is not present.

You could try a ground loop isolator or a multicoupler. I'm going to order a ground loop isolator next week and try 2 mono feeds once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.