South Jersey contract school bus talkgroups & frequencies thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcardani

Premium Subscriber
Hi All,

I figure I would start up a thread for school bus transportation that's on SMR trunked talkgroups and conventional channels.

* denotes confirmed

Sunshine LTR - Roxborough

talkgroup
0-09-099 School bus company or school district servicing Burlington county

0-19-009 School bus company or school district servicing Gloucester county
0-19-010 T&L Transportation* (contract company located in Gibbsboro, NJ)
0-19-014 School bus company servicing Burlington and Camden counties
0-19-023 GST Transport* (contract company located in Southampton, NJ)

Homan LTR - Waterford Works

talkgroup
1-08-152 School bus company or school district servicing Burlington county
1-08-185 First Student - Berlin* Channel A (contract company located in Berlin, NJ)
1-08-186 First Student - Berlin* Channel B (contract company located in Berlin, NJ)
1-08-190 unidentified school bus company or school district
1-08-196 Lenape Regional High School District Transportation*

Homan Fleetcall Nexedge Trunked SMR:

talkgroup
150 possible contracted school bus "Delran Base"
310 Burlington Township School District Transportation "Burlington Base"
315 Trenton School District Transportation "Trenton Base"

Tekk Comm Community Repeater:

464.5875 R DMR (Hytera)
(Color code = 8)
Site is located in Mt. Laurel

talkgroup
2 Hillmans Bus Service (slot 2)

Conventional Channels:

47.64 dpl-466 First Student Inc. Lawnside (this is in the DB) site is located in Voorhees

451.3000 R dpl-743 Holcomb Bus Company (site is located in Waterford)

There are also sone unidentified school bus talkgroups on the G&G 900 MHz LTR SMR trunked systems in Williamstown and Centerton, Tekk Comm UHF LTR trunked SMR in Williamstown, and on the Mid-State TRBOCOM Connect Plus wide area SMR covering Central and Southern NJ.

I could use some assistance identifying some of the unknowns and then I will submit updates to the Database.

Last edited:

jeff

Premium Subscriber
1-08-152 on the Homan Waterford site is Medford Township school buses. 464.200 PL 123.0 Willingboro Township school buses.

Last edited:

rwscull

I've been trying to find the frequencies for the Pittsgrove Township, Salem County school buses. If anyone has any input.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
1-08-152 on the Homan Waterford site is Medford Township school buses. 464.200 PL 123.0 Willingboro Township school buses.

I was wondering what the Medford buses are using. I've seen the antennas on the buses but couldn't find a license for them in the ULS.

philacop

Premium Subscriber
Delsea Regional School District

Anyone know if Delsea Regional School District buses are using radios as for quite a few years they were on
cell phones after they stopped using the 900 mhz ltr system they were on. I heard it is a no no anymore to drive and use phones so maybe they are back to using 2 way radios again. Thanks much !

Analogrules

I see First Student buses up here in north jersey (union county) also, however not sure if they use the same 47 MHz frequency....so far nothing heard on there.

It seems many of the larger school bus companies even in North Jersey have obvious antennas on their buses, but no licenses found in the FCC db.

jcardani

Premium Subscriber
Did some more research and only 2 left.

Updates:

Sunshine LTR - Roxborough

talkgroup
0-09-099 School bus company or school district servicing Burlington county

0-19-009 West Deptford School District Transportation
0-19-010 T&L Transportation (contract company located in Gibbsboro, NJ)
0-19-014 Mt. Laurel & Moorestown Schools Transportation
0-19-023 GST Transport (contract company located in Southampton, NJ)

Homan LTR - Waterford Works

talkgroup
1-08-152 Medford Township Public School Transporation
1-08-185 First Student - Berlin Channel A (contract company located in Berlin, NJ)
1-08-186 First Student - Berlin Channel B (contract company located in Berlin, NJ)
1-08-190 unidentified school bus company or school district
1-08-196 Lenape Regional High School District Transportation

jcardani

Premium Subscriber
I've been trying to find the frequencies for the Pittsgrove Township, Salem County school buses. If anyone has any input.

Hi Bob,

G&G and Tekk Comm both have SMR trunked system that cover the area. Maybe they are on one of those.

But:
Upper Pittsgrove is on the G&G Centerton site.

More trunked system is lower south jersey

G&G Centerton
937.6500 LCN 3
936.6625 LCN 7
937.7375 LCN 10
939.7250 LCN 19

0-15-010 Upper Pittsgrove School Transportation
0-10-002 Bridgeton Public Schools Transportation

G&G Williamstown
939.6500 LCN 6
938.7500 LCN 10

0-06-045 unidentified school busses
0-06-065 unidentified school busses
0-10-003 Washington Township Transportation

Tekk Comm Williamstown
463.9000 LCN 10
464.3750 LCN 15

0-10-020 Monroe Twp. Public Schools Transp.

Tekk Comm Centerton

464.8000 LCN 1
461.2750 LCN 9

1-09-010 unidentified user

Last edited:

jcardani

Premium Subscriber
Anyone know if Delsea Regional School District buses are using radios as for quite a few years they were on
cell phones after they stopped using the 900 mhz ltr system they were on. I heard it is a no no anymore to drive and use phones so maybe they are back to using 2 way radios again. Thanks much !

Hi Tom,

Delsea Regional have 4 900 MHZ licenses with FB4C class: 937.75, 938.75, 939.65, 939.675 but some are licensed to G&G also so they are probably on the G&G Williamstown SMR, probably one of the 0-06 home channel talkgroups.

Analogrules

FYI....the only two active licenses in the state of NJ in the FCC db for 47.640 is Ralph Clayton concrete company and Y&S Burner Services in Hunterdon County. However, First Student School Bus Co. Is licensed in northern NJ on 451.8375 and 453.000. Anyone ever confirm hearing them on those frequencies?

Septa3371CSX1

Do bear in mind that First Student is a subsidiary of First Group (based in the UK) and they have operations all over the place. In some instances they'll take over the contract for a school district and use their frequency or take over another private school bus company and use their frequency. First Student has the contract for William Penn School District in Delco (PA) and they use the same frequency the district had before. They've also added that frequency to one of their other licenses which includes their Norristown area operations (former Romano's Bus Company).

So with First Student (and many other large contract companies) the radio assignments they use for one area are likely completely different than what they use in other areas.

ecps92

And they have been known to not update the license for the new name, for years (aka Renewal Only)

Do bear in mind that First Student is a subsidiary of First Group (based in the UK) and they have operations all over the place. In some instances they'll take over the contract for a school district and use their frequency or take over another private school bus company and use their frequency. First Student has the contract for William Penn School District in Delco (PA) and they use the same frequency the district had before. They've also added that frequency to one of their other licenses which includes their Norristown area operations (former Romano's Bus Company).

So with First Student (and many other large contract companies) the radio assignments they use for one area are likely completely different than what they use in other areas.

ayaresr

As far as Delsea Regional goes, last I knew they were using the 900 frequencies for busing. I was a student there until 2003, and they were mostly running a lot of EF Johnson mobiles in the buses. The transportation coordinator also had a portable. The license listed the tower in Williamstown as the site last I looked it up. I confirmed this in 2006 or 2007 when I was doing a lot of regular driving in that area. Also, some of those 900 frequencies were possibly for their 'security' ladies. They carried portables with them which were on a separate channel from the buses. The model of those escapes me.

philacop

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Ayaresr,
I know they were using 900 ltr for a long time but when I was down in franklin like in early 2010 they were using cell phones as my old girlfriends daughter was in Delsea high and the buses lined out front with some with the 3" antenna and newer ones without antennas. The driver said they gave cell phones out and they were using them now but I know there is a nj law against using cell phones while opening vehicle and many school buses were switching to 2 way radios again so I have not been in that area over 4 yes so maybe someone down there can find out if the buses are sporting any new antennas ect..
Thanks much all!

ayaresr

Yeah, NJ law now prohibits cell phone use while driving. I can stick their old frequencies in one of my SDRs, I have a feeling I'm too far away to hear anything from them though. I'm down by the Delaware bridge now.

philacop

Premium Subscriber
I tried them on and off the past 4 yrs and nothing. Only one on that dmr is wash twp school Dist buses.
Thanks again for all the help and maybe we can figure it out !

TAMR213

I see First Student buses up here in north jersey (union county) also, however not sure if they use the same 47 MHz frequency....so far nothing heard on there.

It seems many of the larger school bus companies even in North Jersey have obvious antennas on their buses, but no licenses found in the FCC db.

Don't know if it would be of any help up in Union County, and my info could most surely be outdated, but as of a few years back I know First Student of Piscataway and Monmouth Junction were both running on 47.500 MHz

Analogrules

Nice....it would be great to add in the actual frequency or system each company uses and we'll have an ultimate list. Anyone up for the project?

Status
Not open for further replies.