Midcoast Maine Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

toastycookies

Howdy yall.
Been out of the radio scene for many years, but after being snowed in the past month or so have dug out the old trusty Kenwood TH-D7A(G) and have started using it as a scanner basically.
Just the basic local police, fire, ems.

Can anyone suggest any interesting frequencies to add to my list?
Knox/Waldo counties would be best as i live right on the line, and in the middle of the woods.
Only other thing than the big 3 I listen to now is the local ski area (Camden Snow Bowl).

Anyone have anything else to offer up? Pretty much interested in anything.

Got rid of my Icom IC-R10 and RS Pro-64 scanners long ago as well as my other VHF/UHF mobile and ht ham radios (still have a kenwood ts-180s HF rif and some kind of omni antenna kicking around in the basement) so I am looking at getting something cheap as well to get me by until I give into upgrading to a more expensive scanner capable of the MSCOMMNET.

Looking at the BC125AT at the moment, will be attaching a discone or possibly even a 2m/70cm omni (so i can use it for the kenwood HT as well for xmit) to it approx 100' up. Any other suggestions?

Sorry for the long post. It's been a long cold and snowy past month and have gotten cabin fever.

Thank you in advance.

k1agh

Premium Subscriber
I live in Waldo County right on the line and work in Knox County. Knox County comes in better then Waldo on my BC125AT with an antenna 20 feet up in the air. I also listen to the prison which is still using the old system-interesting radio chatter there. Rockland PD is hard to hear as they use low power because they are so close to the dispatch center. Camden PD has their own freqs and get interesting. Rockport PD uses the county dispatch and Thomaston uses their own but is hard to hear from Lincolnville. I have the county fire dispatch programmed in for waldo and knox and hear all calls.

toastycookies

I was just able to dig out an old computer with windows xp and a rs-232 serial port needed to program my radio.
I will try programming in some Waldo frequencies later today when I get the computer setup as well as the Eastern RR. (where is that located)
Right now I just have the Knox frequencies, Camden, Rockport, Hope programmed in that I can think of off the top of my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.