• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

cls1413

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tdnapa

I have a question I own a bunch of cls 1413 radios and would like to know if I need a license for them they operate on uhf between 459-469 mhz any help would be great I am located in sudbury ontario

Last edited:

popnokick

Premium Subscriber
Likely yes. If you share your intended use with us you'll get very specific advice regarding what type of license would be suited to your purpose. Best replies will come from someone familiar with usage in Canada.

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
IC (Industry Canada) Licensing information: CLS Series business two-way radios operate on radio frequencies that are regulated by Industry Canada. In order to transmit on these frequencies, you are required to have a license issued by IC.

cabletech

For what it is worth. The CLS1434 radio is a low powered preprogrammed radio for use in small business locations, like Target, Walmart, Office Depot.

These radios do not have any way to be reprogramed to other frequency's.

Now as for a license in Canada, I just went thru this with a friend from Abbetsford and it was a mess to try on your own.

The Industry of Canada, which controls radio licensing does not have any easy information on line, we spent two days just trying to contact some one.

Industry Canada also requires all radio systems to be licensed and each license must be renewed EVERY YEAR and must list not only the make/model of the radio but also how many radios.

The cost of the license is based on the number of radios in the system and can be VERY expensive.

If I were you, I would contact a local radio shop for help in getting the license or contact the Industry Canada region office.

Telephone (toll-free in Canada): 1-800-328-6189
Telephone (Ottawa): 613-954-5031
Fax: 613-954-2340
TTY (for hearing-impaired): 1-866-694-8389
Business hours: 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Eastern Time)

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Gentlemen, I've deleted many off topic comments in this thread.

No more.

If you can't help the OP then don't post.

Status
Not open for further replies.