Tallahassee, FL - State law enforcement task force seeks to modernize statewide ra

Status
Not open for further replies.

wise871

Database Admin
As long as they get off of Provoice (SLERS) I'll be a happy camper. Right now I use Unitrunker & DSD+ to monitor Fire and EMS on SLERS in my area. Also note, Florida doesn't have a state tax. The money will come from tourist dollars, sales tax, bed tax and a few other taxes.

Last edited:
It'll still be SLERS, but re-done in P-25 II. Coverage (as defined by the end user) needs to be guaranteed, with specific performance correction included in the wording, and a hold back of payment until provided.

As for the taxes, we pay plenty that the tourist don't cover. Same pot of gold.
In the end, it still a bloated withdrawal that might, maybe, be better spent in more efficient ways.

Let's see what lessons and pit falls the Tallahassee folks learned and/or remember from the original Harris install. Will an FHP unit be able to call from Blanding Bvd and 295 and actually be heard this time?

N4DES

Retired 0598 Czar ÆS Ø
The difficult part will be getting a fair response from the RFP with Harris owning/controlling the towers and shelters. There has to be a mechanism put in place by the State for the other vendors to be able to utilize the SLERS towers without having to pay Harris any rent or any other annual fees to be on-site.

ki4wbn

The majority of the towers SLERS utilizes are rented tower space, not owned by the state. However the shelters, and other equipment are state owned.
However, I might have misinterpreted that meaning to use the system?

This project is nothing new, but is YEARS behind schedule, due to finding. Most all of the origional users, FHP included have to replace all of their equipment. The newer users were required to purchase equipment that was P25 ready.

codblackops2

Premium Subscriber
Looks like they have got rid of the page or something. I cant view it. So does this mean that this will be P25 Phase II then? And is it going to still have encryption?

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Looks like they have got rid of the page or something. I cant view it. So does this mean that this will be P25 Phase II then? And is it going to still have encryption?

I don't see p25 p2 listed. All I see is p25 p1 and edacs. And I'm sure all Fhp and others be ENC.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
wise 871 how do you scan the slers. I have tried everything.

When you watch the videos you may have to stop and play cause one video he does not talk.

Watch these 2 videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ii2h0Y1w-x8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?annot...&feature=iv&src_vid=Ii2h0Y1w-x8&v=7VObj8JVLME

you can download SDRSharp

SDR# | Software Defined Radio in C#

and need 2 of the dongles

Amazon.com: RTL-SDR Blog Brand R820T2 RTL2832U Software Defined Radio with 2x Telescopic Antenna: Electronics >>> this one sold out still

I had to buy 2 dongles by themselfs

Amazon.com: RTL-SDR Blog Brand R820T2 RTL2832U Software Defined Radio (Dongle Only): Electronics

Plus had to get 2 of the antenna adapters goes to the dongle

Amazon.com: RF coaxial coax cable assembly BNC female to MCX male right angle 6'': Computers & Accessories

and you need 2 antennas. If you have 1 antenna I did this

I got 2 of the bnc c 6 foot cables from radio shack RadioShack® 6-Ft. RG-58 Coax Cable Assembly - Radioshack

also got 1 3 female bnc adapter. I use the top for the antenna and the sides go to the 2 dongles

BNC T-Adapter - Radioshack

ki4wbn

I don't see p25 p2 listed. All I see is p25 p1 and edacs. And I'm sure all Fhp and others be ENC.

FHP and all other law enforcement agencies (even local) on the EDACS system are encrypted...and I wouldn't expect that to change with the new system.

Status
Not open for further replies.