Raynham PD still analog?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akula3

Hi guys Raynham newbie to the forum here. Anyone know if Raynham PD switched to a digital system?
According to the database they are still using analog but as of a few months ago my BC370CRS wont pick up anything at all besides unknown traffic on 855.887. Raynham, Bridgewater, Taunton, etc used to come in just fine, now nothing. Im leaning towards a problem with my hardware but just checking to make sure.

Junior08

Premium Subscriber
Check to see that you have them programmed properly in your scanner. It's possible something went wrong? Check your other town programming also.

Junior08

Premium Subscriber
I'm a bit far away but I'm hearing Taunton PD now 483.0625 PL tone 203.5.

ecps92

Massachusetts State Police - Scan New England Wiki
855.8875 is ONE of the voice channels for the MSP Trunk

Raynham uses UHF T-Band
Bristol County Police Departments - Scan New England Wiki

They are still Analog, as is the MSP

I would see if you accidentally locked out the Frequencies or enabled the attenuator

IF you are hearing the MSP Trunk, then the antenna is likely not the issue.

Hi guys Raynham newbie to the forum here. Anyone know if Raynham PD switched to a digital system?
According to the database they are still using analog but as of a few months ago my BC370CRS wont pick up anything at all besides unknown traffic on 855.887. Raynham, Bridgewater, Taunton, etc used to come in just fine, now nothing. Im leaning towards a problem with my hardware but just checking to make sure.

Akula3

Thank you all for the replies. You've all confirmed that my area PD's are still analog.

I originally programmed all the strong police frequencies based on the search feature of my BC370CRS.
I havent touched any of them since and I checked to verify that none are locked out. Except for the lone MSP I receive (thank you ecps92 for the clarification) they all just stopped. Adjusting the squelch has no effect and I've moved the unit around my house and outdoors to rule out any localized interference. No change.

One caveat that I might add is that when listening to any commercial FM station there is now a static underlies the music. This began around the same time rest of frequencies went dark.

I didnt think this unit was trunking capable and other posts I've searched indicate that my unit does not have an attenuator.
http://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-thread-archives/217700-bc370crs-milair-very-happy.html

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
Because I haven't seen anyone say so, I have confirmed that Raynham PD is in fact still 483.3250 PL 203.5

Status
Not open for further replies.