Cable issues with Uniden

Status
Not open for further replies.

tahoekid77

Premium Subscriber
I just bought a new BC346XT that won't connect to my Freescan software via my USB to Serial cable.

Now, that said...I also own a Uniden BCT15X that I use this same cable to my laptop all the time, never had an issue, but the handheld BC346XT refuses to connect on any baud rate. I'm wondering why there would be a difference at all.

Has anyone run into this?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Did you go through the port setup on the scanner? That's a step most everyone misses...Mike

Download a trial copy of ARC/by Butel..it has a -Detect Scanner- feature..It may help you lock it down..
I use a RS232/PCMCIA adapter..I have to run that option for my 996XT everytime..Its under the Communications Setup option on the SCANNER drop down menu..

If I dont it will not detect it,Once I do..Its Right-As-Rain..

tahoekid77

Premium Subscriber
Ok, so this issue is solved using the same cable. I slowed down the baud rate on the radio to 9600 for the serial i/o and it worked fine. It defaults to some high value which I could never get to connect.

Thanks for the tips about port setup as at least you got me poking around and on a whim set the baud rate down low. Not sure how high it will go but if it's not broke don't fix it - 9600 baud programs my fairly large scan file in 15 seconds anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.