BCD536HP Audio Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
For what it's worth, I made an audio player for learning the rtsp/rtp protocol and to test the stability of the protocol and the scanner. BCD536HP audio seems to stream perfectly.

http://www.proscan.org/BCD536HP_AudioPlayer.zip

BCD536HP%20Audip%20Player.png

I may release the source code in a little while. The rtsp/rtp protocol is relatively easy to work with and possibly can be ported to other platforms.

rjdj2000

Gone Cuckoo
Feed Provider
Nice job Bob... Working great here and have it going out to a VAC to your Radio Feed program so I can listen on the go.. The only thing that would make it better would be to be able to just use Radio Feed itself to get the audio.

NYRHKY94

Awesome Bob! Thanks so much! Similar to rjdj2000, I have the audio being sent to Icecast and then out through Radio Feed so I can listen outside of my network. The audio is much better than the VLC streamer I was using before. There is about a 30-second delay in receiving the audio using this method, but it works well and sounds great! Much appreciated :)

FYI - Just another example of the top notch customer service provided by Bob to the hobby (i.e. the free Radio Feed). And Yes I am a long-time paid subscriber to his Proscan software and happy to say that.

Thanks - Mike

Last edited:

TedRHayes

Downloaded, installed, works great. Only had to give permission to access the ports when prompted by my internet security program (ESET).

Look forward to you integrating this with your ProScan product!

Thanks

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Can someone who has TCPview (or perhaps Bob) tell us if this application uses the same ports every time or if they change from session to session like with VLC?

rjdj2000

Gone Cuckoo
Feed Provider
Jay,

The TCP port @ 554 that I saw didn't change when starting/stopping the feed but the UDP port(s) did change. I am not at the computer that is running it so I couldn't tell you which one or if both changed when starting the feed.

gonzalu

Can someone who has TCPview (or perhaps Bob) tell us if this application uses the same ports every time or if they change from session to session like with VLC?

I answered on the other thread... but here goes again. The SESSION must be initiated via the well known port 554. The high ports are NEGOTIATED as normal process for RTP and similar streaming protocols.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber

TCP Scanner Port 554 is determined by the scanner. I don't believe that should ever change (with existing firmware). This is the main channel for handshaking and keep-alive polls.

UDP Scanner Port XYZ, I'm not near the computer now but I believe the number will change from session to session and is determined by the scanner side. Should be even numbers.

UDP Computer Port 53600 should stay constant or 53601 fallback as the numbers "53600-53601" is hard-coded in the Audio Player handshaking on the TCP channel.

[EDIT] The UDP Scanner Port, off hand, I think will increment by two each session.

Last edited:

Mrthor3232

Premium Subscriber
No real lag at all.

There is no real lag how can i take this on the go out side my home network.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
For what it's worth, I made an audio player for learning the rtsp/rtp protocol and to test the stability of the protocol and the scanner. BCD536HP audio seems to stream perfectly.

BCD536HP%20Audip%20Player.png

I may release the source code in a little while. The rtsp/rtp protocol is relatively easy to work with and possibly can be ported to other platforms.

Thanks for the positive comments everyone so based on that, I made a new version 0.02. I don't think much more can be added unless anyone has some good ideals.

• Added - Volume Control - This will not effect other audio programs or the Windows Mixer.
  • Added - Get My IP Address.
  • Added - Auto Start Option.

gonzalu

Bob, it would be ideal if you can get information from the RTSP XML and display it, such as frequency, group, system, dept, whatever you can find in there :)

Also, for those of us who have more than one radio, how about a frequently used list of URIs and autostart the last URI on previous session?

Thanks for your work.

gonzalu

Some feedback on the installer etc.

I am using Windows 8.1 x64

--The program is installing itself into

C:\Program Files (x86)\BCD536HP Audio Player

which is fine. However, it is trying to use the same directory to write the config file. This should be set as

%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\BCD536HP Audio Player\

so that it is writable without giving up security by using administrator elevated permissions.

--Installer isn't creating a proper Start Menu entry so it is not easy to find in START screen :)

--Tiny mode. Small display no chrome, just a floating bar one line tall and long suitable for placing on the edge of a screen. Maybe have volume control and any info deemed suitable for display, like frequency or group system etc. if possible.

--Can we have a ZIPped version to install as we like?

I am running the EXE manually out of a temp folder which is writable by a regular user and the config is written to the same directory which is great for PORTABLE use. Perhaps the program could have an option to start it either in portable mode (config in same dir as program) or normal Windows install mode (With config in the %userprofile% dir.)

Thank you Bob!

Cheers!

Last edited:

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I'll work on the following next. A few things with the installer are already fixed.

1. Frequently used list of URIs and autostart the last URI on previous session

2. Jitter buffer

3. Get information from the RTSP XML and display it, such as frequency, group, system, dept, whatever you can find in there

--The program is installing itself into
C:\Program Files (x86)\BCD536HP Audio Player
This is a 32bit app so this is normal however it can be installed in any folder you choose.

which is fine. However, it is trying to use the same directory to write the config file. This should be set as
%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\BCD536HP Audio Player\

There was a problem with the .cfg file no saving in non-admin mode. Check the next version if okay.

--Installer isn't creating a proper Start Menu entry so it is not easy to find in START screen
Check next version if fixed.

--Tiny mode. Small display no chrome, just a floating bar one line tall and long suitable for placing on the edge of a screen. Maybe have volume control and any info deemed suitable for display, like frequency or group system etc. if possible.
I'll look at this later.

--Can we have a ZIPped version to install as we like?
Yes. Next version.

I am running the EXE manually out of a temp folder which is writable by a regular user and the config is written to the same directory which is great for PORTABLE use. Perhaps the program could have an option to start it either in portable mode (config in same dir as program) or normal Windows install mode (With config in the %userprofile% dir.)
If installing in any folder except "C:\Program Files (x86)" then the cfg file will be saved in the same folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.