Jeffco "LOI"

Status
Not open for further replies.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
On Jeffco SO channels I constantly hear references to the "LOI", I presume it's a landmark, road or other well-known location, at least well-known if you live in the area. But what does "LOI" refer to, and where is it?

dw2872

About what time (or times) did you hear it? Maybe if we could hear it in context we would understand it better.

dw2872

And one thing I hear Jeffco deputies say very often after a traffic stop is "LNR" (Lecture and Release).

dw2872

That could be what it means. I heard them say, "Returning to the LOI and the parents are following."

I'll have to hear it a few more times to see if it makes sense but that sounds good!

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
It sounds like someone is using an Intergraph CAD product. LOI is the Location of Interest. This can be a number of different things including locations which have pertinent hazards or concerns (i.e. hazmat, ammunition present, police hater, communicable disease, etc) or past history of responses to that address (i.e. 37 responses in the past 99 days, including a response last Thursday for domestic assault).

LOI most often refers to the dispatched address, but it can also refer to locations geographically nearby, such as if you are going to a house that is within the evacuation zone of a chemical plant - the LOI might show up there too.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Time and Date Nate so we can check the archives or if you could post an audio file maybe?

Jim<

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
I will try and log audio with OP25, I don't recall any specific time/date one could use to x-ref the archives. However, Location of Incident seems to be the most likely candidate at the moment,

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
OK I've been listening to JCSO primary for the last week or so and have not heard what your referencing?

Jim<

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
I just heard it on Jeffco LE Dispatch at 20:44 hours tonight (3/17/15), in relation to a civil standby call for an eviction/move-out.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
It's location of interest. Especially in a police setting, they're going to want to know about the address. Other agencies might call it premise history, recent history, or etc.

dw2872

Sounds like Jay is correct in that is it probably Location of Interest, a carry-over term from their CAD.

But it is nothing more than the address of occurrence.

I don't think it has anything to do with history though, at least in the way they use it locally in Jefferson County Sheriff's Department, since each time I hear it they are saying, "Enroute to the LOI".

Status
Not open for further replies.