Yaesu: Yaesu FT-7900 Programing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justdon2014

Iam another brand new ham guy and I just bought a ft7900 also go the rt systems cd to go with it I programed the radio I can hear people but no one can hear me.I would guess its something simple but cannot figure it out.

elk2370bruce

We all make the initial mistakes. I've made worse. Enjoy the rig and the friends you'll make. Its a solid rig that I've had since they first came out.

Tracker44

Hello Justdon2014, congrats on being a new Ham and welcome to the best Hobby on the planet .
Thats a great rig there you bought and the Programming software is great. I have the same set up and really like it.
In my case that Yaesu 7900 will do more than I will ever know how to do with it.
Oh , I have a very good friend called (Just John)
Take Care 73s-------Tracker44

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
If you programmed the radio using software, you should also learn how to program it manually. Or at least keep the manual handy. The advantage of ham radio is they can be programmed in the field.

k6cpo

It's sometimes impractical to carry the radio manual with you every time you go out with the radio. However, there are a couple of simple alternatives.

Most manufacturers make their manuals available in pdf format. If you have a smart phone or a tablet, you can load the manual pdf into your device and have it ready when you need it. Also, Nifty Ham Accessories makes simple condensed guides for most radios, including little tri-fold guides that are designed to slip in a wallet.

Nifty Ham Radio operating guides, books, radio desk stands and other accessories

Status
Not open for further replies.