Poway area

Status
Not open for further replies.

calnative

I'm trying to scan SDSO for Poway area as well as Poway FD. Using a new Uniden HomePatrol II.

I've also used Sentinel to program - bottom line, I get next to nothing and 90% + of what I do get is not Poway.

I'm figuring I'm making a mistake - but for the life of me I can't sort out where I've gone wrong.

HELP!

SDWolfman

Feed Provider
I'm not familiar with the Home Patrol, but the SDSD Poway talkgroup is often patched with the rural talkgroup and/or another dispatch talkgroup. This is often due to a shortage of dispatchers and at night when things get slower.

Gene

Premium Subscriber
Poway Fire

I believe is dispatched by San Diego CITY Fire on the San Diego City System unless changes have been made where they are now dispatched by Heartland but I do not believe so.

Poway SDSO is as the previous writer explained.

celbaseman

Feed Provider
Yes, Poway fire is dispatched by San Diego Fire and Rescue, unit numbers are 37xx. Poway SO is 99% of the time patched to Rural plus at times to Encinitas Dispatch. If your home patrol does not follow patches, then you would need to put all of those dispatches in to follow.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Poway Sheriff's is only on the NORTH cell/site of the RCS. Poway Fire is only on the SD CITY system. Most major FD incidents would come across on 9A/9B just FYI.

Paul

calnative

Anderegg - that's good info - but oddly (and frustratingly!) through Sentinel/Radio Reference I don't seem to be able to append my favorites list with the North Cell.

Last edited:

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
On my 436HP, I have separate "banks" set up for each area, which include only one site (deleted the rest) and only the talkgroups heard on that site. There is nothing more irritating than watching the damn scanner scroll through 32 sites for every talkgroup!

Using copy and paste, make a couple of "new" systems that you can delete everything you don't want/need, make it your Fav List QK 0 or something, can leave the rest of the RR database programing as is if you wish.

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.