Portland fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

azagel

Premium Subscriber
Why is Portland Fire district such a bad connection in the past 6 months. Would like an update.

thanks

sparklehorse

Premium Subscriber
Not sure what you mean by bad connection. PFB of course is on the BOEC trunk system, which I listen to daily. I haven't noticed anything unusual with that system.

DickH

Why is Portland Fire district such a bad connection in the past 6 months. Would like an update....

Nothing has changed. Maybe there is a cell phone tower near you causing your trouble. Have you tried moving the scanner around to find a stronger signal? The signal will get stronger or weaker about every 3-1/2 inches you move.
What antenna are you using?

DickH

Not sure what you mean by bad connection. PFB of course is on the BOEC trunk system, which I listen to daily. I haven't noticed anything unusual with that system.

FYI - PFB has not been the name for a few years now. Now it is PF&R (Portland Fire & Rescue).

PMJ2kx

Premium Subscriber
I think azagel's talking about the feed - where the scanner is located (antenna and all), it's not the best reception.

Baker845

I have also been hearing the online scanner feed for Portland Fire sounding broken and not comming in that good. The location of antenna needs to be changed and that would fix the problem. Portland PB Talk groups come in fine.

mm

If you are in Oregon City why are listening to them online anyway?

Direct on a elcheapo analog scanner at your distance should work great.

I'm in Salem and on 3 radios, 1x BR330 handheld and 2 x Motorola XTS HANDHELDS their audio and receive is excellent.

DickH

I have also been hearing the online scanner feed for Portland Fire sounding broken and not comming in that good. The location of antenna needs to be changed and that would fix the problem. Portland PB Talk groups come in fine.

Step back and think about what you just said. It doesn't work that way. If you hear one Talk Group OK, then ALL Talk Groups will sound the same. Some units can sound bad if they are in a poor signal area, but that's another story.

sparklehorse

Premium Subscriber
Step back and think about what you just said. It doesn't work that way. If you hear one Talk Group OK, then ALL Talk Groups will sound the same. Some units can sound bad if they are in a poor signal area, but that's another story.

True, but perhaps the Portland Police feed comes from a different radio/antenna than the Portland Fire feed?

radiotweester

It could be just a bad frequency (channel transmitter). Washington county has this on 853.4875MHz. Everything will sound fine, and then that frequency is selected by the TRS and user or Dispatch come out with static and garble.

I haven't noticed this on the Main Portland/BOEC 800 TRS, however I only monitor it on a secondary basis.

RJ191

The fact that he got what seems to be a new scanner for this PFB feed seems to maybe be part of the issue of it being un clear communication sometimes. Any chance anyone knows when he's Feds might be back up. Would like to listen to them over the 4th? Thanks

rosecitytransit

Feed Provider
I can possibly host a temporary feed for at least today. Would you all prefer police or fire if I did one? I would think both may be busy and interesting.

azagel

Premium Subscriber
The Portland Fire feed become very hard to listen to over the last 6 or so months as it was very broken. I enjoy listening the clackamas county and multnomah fire and police feeds. I was hoping the feeds would come back online today.

Also not sure why my question posted a few days ago was changed to Portland fire? Anyone know why?

PMJ2kx

Premium Subscriber
It didn't change - this is an old thread. Yours was moved by a mod to the Broadcastify / Live Audio Listener Support forum.

RJ191

Just noticed that the Portland Fire and Portland police are back offline again anyone know when they will be back on again? Thank you!

RJ191

Portland Fire/ Portland police live feeds

Any chance anyone knows when the live audio feeds for portland Fire and police would be back online? Thinking about starting my own Fire feed soon also out here. Thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.