BCD436HP/BCD536HP: 436hp antenna find!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I have tried a few antennas one being the Diamond 77ca and have found a great fit/look for the 436hp you'l never guess what !!

I took the stock antenna off the Wouxun KG-UV8D and it works fantastic!
Wow am I getting alot better reception! Thought 'd share this. 700mhz and 800mhz are definately better.
Does ebay sell em?

SMA M Dual Band VHF UHF Antenna SMA Male for WOUXUN KG UV8D High Quality | eBay

Attachments

• ant.jpg
    ant.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 1,606

stingray327

I have tried a few antennas one being the Diamond 77ca and have found a great fit/look for the 436hp you'l never guess what !!

I took the stock antenna off the Wouxun KG-UV8D and it works fantastic!
Wow am I getting alot better reception! Thought 'd share this. 700mhz and 800mhz are definately better.
Does ebay sell em?

SMA M Dual Band VHF UHF Antenna SMA Male for WOUXUN KG UV8D High Quality | eBay

That looks similiar to the Wilson Y884 antenna. The telescoping antenna from RS still outperforms it.

baayers

The antenna that you linked to in your original post is a generic that actually looks more like the antenna that would have came with the UV6D. You can purchase the OEM antenna for the 8D at buytwowayradios.com for about $14 shipped.

Wouxun Dual Band Antenna For KG-UV8D (136-174/400-480 MHz)

Also if you use the coupon code show while on this site it will take 5% off of your order. I realize in the case of this antenna that only means about a 50 Cent decrease but I figured I would put this code here in case someone is making a bigger purchase on the site.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
wouxun antenna

The antenna that you linked to in your original post is a generic that actually looks more like the antenna that would have came with the UV6D. You can purchase the OEM antenna for the 8D at buytwowayradios.com for about $14 shipped.

Wouxun Dual Band Antenna For KG-UV8D (136-174/400-480 MHz)

Also if you use the coupon code show while on this site it will take 5% off of your order. I realize in the case of this antenna that only means about a 50 Cent decrease but I figured I would put this code here in case someone is making a bigger purchase on the site.

Yep everythings working much better now with this antenna,I did this on a goof! Who'd a thunk?NJPSIC 700mhz comes in solid now.

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
I got this one off eBay for $3.00! It's 900/1800 MHz but it works great on 800 TRS. I don't use my 436 for anything but 800 MHz TRS so I don't worry about trying to pick up California here in Georgia!

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1424589208818.jpg
    FB_IMG_1424589208818.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 1,299

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
I tried my UV8D stock antenna on my 436 and 396. I wanted to see if I could improve reception on DoD trunking (UHF), and all my antennas are 800 specific. Turned out it was HORRIBLE on UHF, as well as 800MHz. The 800 RS antenna receives UHF much better than the Woooooooxon thing. It also doesn't feel like it is screwing down all the way, and I didn't want to force it, as the innards of the SMA on the Unidens will rotate free of their internal connections if stressed.

I also tried a Motorola UHF using an F-F SMA adapter, and it didn't receive UHF any better than the 800 RS.

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.