Password Protected Feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

advancedcommunications

Premium Subscriber
Is there any way to do a protected feed over the net to say a cell phone.... I have a customer who wants to be able to hear his departments secure transmission that are encrypted while out of RF Range...... We have tried a password protected feed on Zello and it worked for a short period of time but is now causing problems..... Is there anything out there to do this with in an easy fashion? Thanks Guys

n0nhp

It looks like the web server for ProScan
ProScan
has a password. I have never tried it.
It is free download and try, purchase if it works for you.
Other option with ProScan would be to set up remote scanner over IP without opening external ports and providing a VPN to the client.

DC31

Feed Provider
Is there any way to do a protected feed over the net to say a cell phone.... I have a customer who wants to be able to hear his departments secure transmission that are encrypted while out of RF Range...... We have tried a password protected feed on Zello and it worked for a short period of time but is now causing problems..... Is there anything out there to do this with in an easy fashion? Thanks Guys

not really password protected, but I have a darkice feed set up on a raspberry pi feeding to an icecast server on the pi. Then through port forwarding on the router I can forward external requests from the internet on a specific port to the icecast server where I can hear the feed. Unless someone knows your IP address and the port that you have chosen to forward, they aren't going to be able to listen to your feed.

The basic instructions are here: https://sites.google.com/site/glyman3home/home

There is a link in those instructions to a document by Steffen Muller that includes the icecast server setup.

Port forwarding is a totally separate issue. Google port forwarding and your router model.

Jim

SCPD

QRT
Ummm regardless if it's just him this could cost him his job. Not to mention bad outlooks for streaming. Regardless if it's his radio he's using a department key and I'm sure he has good intentions but this could give him trouble.

jeatock

Premium Subscriber
Bob Aune's RadioFeed!!!

I have used it myself for a long time with flawless performance, in the same situation.

The legalities are a separate issue, but still a critical consideration. Keep the feed source non-Googleable (is that a word?) and use a STRONG password.

Status
Not open for further replies.