king William tower at court house

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herodog

I took a ride today it looks like the tower at the tower at the court house is a micro wave tower it has no antenna just like a satellite dishes I don't thank its going to help us scanner people the black dish is on the tower 2 no antenna at all thought I let everybody no if want to hear king William go to Hanover were they have tower s

CPerk

HeroDog,

I notice the same thing , when I rode by Courthouse earlier... and when is this so "Tower" supposed to be turned on?? and I willing to doubt this will help us where we live unless they change or do something to make that bad boy work good, right now I hear county so so, but at times I can' make out what they saying, but I have my scanner set for bank ONE King William police and fire and Bank TWO is VSP ch 1 and 2 and , so I will not miss out on anything , but hope and lets hope this so called "TOWER" courthouse will help but needs be turned on soon, I didn't see any beacon on that tower unless they working on it.....

Herodog

cperk // i think the tower is on now for micro wave only''' but not sure at this time have not talked to anybody to find out'' but if you go near west point and you can hear hanover/king william on your pro 106 you no its on i think tis tower at courthouse is just a micro wave link to hanovers main system that why the king william pd wanted to go 195ft but the county turned them down so if you go to west point and you can hear than it is what it is' untill the county puts a extra 105 more ft to the court house tower and put in a antenna and repetor i think the court house tower is for data only but i am guessing only time will tell

CPerk

cperk // i think the tower is on now for micro wave only''' but not sure at this time have not talked to anybody to find out'' but if you go near west point and you can hear hanover/king william on your pro 106 you no its on i think tis tower at courthouse is just a micro wave link to hanovers main system that why the king william pd wanted to go 195ft but the county turned them down so if you go to west point and you can hear than it is what it is' untill the county puts a extra 105 more ft to the court house tower and put in a antenna and repetor i think the court house tower is for data only but i am guessing only time will tell

HeroDog,

I went out driving again I saw what you were talking about and lets hope this tower is currently OFFLINE so to speak and they will turn on soon, my recevie getting worst with all this snow and some times i get things clear and when are they suppose to be using the 700mhz frequencies I keep scanning and nothing heard on them yet, and I thought that tower at courthouse was suppose to help some what but like you said it is what it is and we will see.... let me know if find anything out

Herodog

Took a ride to west point yesterday while down there took my scanner it was no change in king Williams transmission on there radio system so I took a look at the area 3 state police tower the same black dish was on that tower same as court house tower so this is good news because I no for a fact that king William bought a repeater for that towers so that tells. Me king William is not up and running all the towers that's good because they still Could put a antenna on court house tower all we can do is have hope geting closer to spring leaves be on trees soon and you no how that affects radio conditions many they are weightings for spring like Carline is doing ok all I no now I will keep you posted on any other info hope this helps

CPerk

Your exactly right there, I been riding to courthouse just about every day to see if anything is new and such... but spring needs to hurry I really want to see if this so called tower will work for us.. and area 3 tower has lot antennas and such on there just like vsp tower on 30, I wish we could have used that but we can't be picky in this county sadly ... and I'm still clue less if Caronline if we be able pick them up from home , I have a p25 phase II radio ready and I know I work in doswell so I probably be able hear Caroline since they sharing the tower from Hanover but question we see what king William does n what Caroline does as well, keep me informed if possible and if anything new I'll let you know

Herodog

That's true area 3 antenna has alot of antennas just like Rumford that's why I do not understand why its not listed in stars database and like a post I put on here before at the Vdot building on us rt 2 just outside of bowling green va has that same tower just like area 3 office it is a stars tower I no becuse I asked some of the state trooper s they yes it is a stars tower on rt 2 but not listed in the stars database ok I let you no if I hear anything

Status
Not open for further replies.