Pro-651: Thank you Radio Shack for how honoring your warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lbfd09

Premium Subscriber
Thanks to you Radio Shack Company and San Francisco District Manager for not honoring your manufacture warranty and refusing to help in in getting an OEM product with the Radio Shack name and label on it. the Pro-651. This unit I purchased only 2 days ago with no wall wart nor battery (not a problem) and when applying power to it, yesterday discovering that it is a "bricked" radio, with a non-functioning logic board in it. Oh and you say there's no where to send this unit in for repair?

Thank you - Now I understand fully why this company is in bankruptcy court. Your company forgot what customer service is, much less how to stand behind your product line!

mancow

Database Admin
They technically don't exist. It's like expecting warranty service for a Hammarlund or Heathkit.

Blackswan73

No returns, all sales final. Also just for info, the 651 doesn't come with a wall wart

Last edited by a moderator:

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
1.How do you know it is a non-functioning logic board in it?
2.Did you buy it from this RadioShack and have your recept?
3.If not why do you think it is Radioshacks problem to fix a bricked radio bought off the internet?
Is it a closeout store that says all sales final no returns means just that.

lbfd09

Premium Subscriber
No returns, all sales final. Also just for info, the 651 doesn't come with a wall wart

The state of California would differ with you on a or company that sells a defective item as new in the box working. We actually have consumer protection laws out here in California. I am not asking for a return but just to have it working.

YES I KNOW it comes without the wall wort - as I stated that was NOT an issue now any part of my complante with RS. Just the reason why it took a day to discover that the logic board was not responding and having the scanner say Waiting for DSP."

lbfd09

Premium Subscriber
1.How do you know it is a non-functioning logic board in it?
2.Did you buy it from this RadioShack and have your recept?
3.If not why do you think it is Radioshacks problem to fix a bricked radio bought off the internet?
Is it a closeout store that says all sales final no returns means just that.

#1 - Message "Waiting for DSP" meaning the logic board is not talking to the scanner (or some similar communication failure). Testing and looking up the results of my tests and finding the repair to be close to $300.00

#2 - Yes I do, did, and presented it...

#3 - NOT bought off the internet bought at a RS Store..In a state that it's against the law to sell defective equipment - and not support the sale of such equipment when defective and not sold in an "AS IS Sale" This was sole under manufacture warranty sale.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
The sign on the store said store closing all sales final. If you think it would do any good you can try. But Radioshack Closeout stores are not even owned by RS anymore it is a company working for the bank plus as bad as I hate to say it look at what I own and use all scanners listed in my tag but you knowingly bought from a bankrupt company closing at a discounted price you took a chance. As it stands now in court you have no claim as the company Radioshack is no longer a company.

Michael-SATX

Procedure is to EXCHANGE it - make them work with you !

I Tried! The District manager refuses to support of fix Realistic Electronics.

Heads up, this DOA scanner situation has a solution as was communicated to employee's of RS.
Since, all sales are final and no returns are authorized, here is what was communicated as a solution.
1) Have a non-closing store that has a Pro-651 (200-0651) in stock simply exchange it for a working one.
Now before you leave the store, switch out just the scanner box with the sharpie line drawn through the
UPC barcode stays with customer. The customer walks out in working condition and the store manager simply
RMAC's ( Return Merchandise Authorization Code ) the scanner and Whistler has the responsibility
to process the scanner sent in under RMAC using regular defective "Code = A" which all stores can
still do. It is perfectly understandable that all the closing stores would not have more Pro-651's in stock
or even have a way to ESS order it. Speaking of ESS ordering as of right now as I check the product portal
the Pro-651 (200-0651) scanner is in stock in the Regional Warehouse in Ft Worth, TX.
The swapping store sends out FedEx to RMAC address book entry and the customer receives customer service !
The RS FedEx bulk ship rate is peanuts and the customer service performed and reputation saved cost is "priceless" ;)

Last edited:

lbfd09

Premium Subscriber
Heads up, this DOA scanner situation has a solution as was communicated to employee's of RS.
Since, all sales are final and no returns are authorized, here is what was communicated as a solution.
1) Have a non-closing store that has a Pro-651 (200-0651) in stock simply exchange it for a working one.
Now before you leave the store, switch out just the scanner box with the sharpie line drawn through the
UPC barcode stays with customer. The customer walks out in working condition and the store manager simply
RMAC's ( Return Merchandise Authorization Code ) the scanner and Whistler has the responsibility
to process the scanner sent in under RMAC using regular defective "Code = A" which all stores can
still do. It is perfectly understandable that all the closing stores would not have more Pro-651's in stock
or even have a way to ESS order it. Speaking of ESS ordering as of right now as I check the product portal
the Pro-651 (200-0651) scanner is in stock in the Regional Warehouse in Ft Worth, TX.
The swapping store sends out FedEx to RMAC address book entry and the customer receives customer service !
The RS FedEx bulk ship rate is peanuts and the customer service performed and reputation saved cost is "priceless" ;)

Thanks Michael. This was nothing about a sales return per say, but on a company's refusal of supporting an OEM'ed product that has the Radio Shack label on it. And a non-closing store in San Francisco their district manager's refusal to acknowledge the produce even existing. Thankfully my schedule has made if possible for me to return to the Radio Shack (owned) store with EXCELLENT old fashion Radio Shack salesmanship salesmen. Yes, after some 7 years of never finding a Radio Shack that is into all but what Radio Shack was founded on; there is a store that has real radio/electronic knowledgeable sales and support people working in it. I digress back to the result, I will be getting this unit swapped out for all of my problems. And should the replacement unit also be in failed condition, they will arrange to have my unit repaired under manufacture warranty.

lbfd09

Premium Subscriber
Thank you Blackkink.

By the way Radio Shack at the time of this dispute the stores involved were and still are owned by Radio Shack and it has been Radio Shack that has been self liquidating. The terms of the bankruptcy did not form what I read release Radio Shack to violate the local California Consumer Law in the selling of defunk equipment nor did it release Radio Shack from it's obligation as the holder of OEM equipment to not honor any warranties. Now I could be wrong on the last part as I have not scoured the terms word per word.

As consumers just remember to stand up for your rights as a consumer and remind companies that are operating under bankruptcy protection that they still have legal obligations to consumers. Bankruptcy does not nor would it ever relinquish that to anyone. As to how RS would support warranty repairs of these products as mentions in other threads here, personally I think they should "man up and do the right thing." How to do this? There in lies the $284 million question (they just got approval to barrow that much from the bankruptcy court last month.

Status
Not open for further replies.