Home Patrol 1 Setup Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whelen

Premium Subscriber
Hi Group, I purchased a HP1 as soon as they came out. Had no problems programming it and it receiving. I later sold it because I no longer had a use for it. With Radio Shack closing some of their stores, I found one at my local store for $100 on clearance, so I snagged it. It only had the scanner, antenna, and stand in the box. I bought new 2300 mAh batteries and they are fully charged. It appears to have the latest firmware in it. I programmed several P25 phase 1 systems into it yesterday.What is strange is the unit is picking up systems 10-20 miles away from me, but not the system that is only 5 miles from me.

I caled ScannerMaster yesterday and their rep informed me that I need to follow the step by step instructions that came "on the big piece of white paper with the scanner." Does anyone have any hints/tips/ideas as to where I can find the above mentioned step by step instruction on this "big white piece of paper?" I have googled it and only found the owners manual.

Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions.

Voyager

Make sure the database is up to date.

Make sure the Service Types are all enabled for what you want to hear.

If that doesn't work, I would then load the data using the zip code again.

Whelen

Premium Subscriber
Voyager, Thanks for the suggestions. The database is up to date, all service types are enabled, and I reloaded using my zip code, still nothing. Thinking it might be a antenna issue at this point.

Voyager

If it's a trunked system, try the Quick Frequency Entry using the control channel frequency and see if you get any activity.

Whelen

Premium Subscriber
Ahhh, good idea, didn't think of that. Trying that now...

jkahn

Very good looking Member
Premium Subscriber
I caled ScannerMaster yesterday and their rep informed me that I need to follow the step by step instructions that came "on the big piece of white paper with the scanner." Does anyone have any hints/tips/ideas as to where I can find the above mentioned step by step instruction on this "big white piece of paper?" I have googled it and only found the owners manual.

Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions.

You can always try Mark's Scanners for the "easier to read" instructions for many types of scanners.

I would create a favorites list with the system in question to confirm that it is or isn't working, rather than using the entire RRDB.

Whelen

Premium Subscriber
Thanks to all who responded. Final verdict? Stock antenna just wasn't cutting it. I hooked it up temporarily to my outdoor AM/FM rooftop antenna and it worked flawlessly. Now to do some research on a good base antenna. Thanks again all!

Status
Not open for further replies.