Programming PRO-652 Scanner Trunking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
It depends on how you plan to program the system. Software is almost automatic (with a subscription), but seeing that you've only ever needed to program conventional frequencies and don't have a subscription makes me think you want manual programming instructions.

You need to PGM a NEW TGRP and assign the scanlist you want.
TSYS: NEW
Type:MOT VHF/UHF
Tag: your system with whatever you want to call it.
Enter the Frequencies: listed in the database (normally just the red ones, but others might not hurt).
Go past EXPERT BELOW settings. Scroll all the way down until you see T Tables: Custom and SEL/ENT it.
SEL/ENT Table 01 and program Lo Chan: 380, Hi Chan: 759, Offset: 380, Base: 406.00000, and Step: 12.5.
Save until you get back to the TGRP menu (same one that you started with after PGM NEW TGRP).
Set ID: to the DEC(imal) talkgroup ID shown in the database.
Tag: your talkgroup with what you want to call it.
Save. You have programmed your first talkgroup!

All remaining talkgroups can be programed the same except instead of making a new TSYS, you will scroll left/right until the one you have already created shows up. There is no need to reprogram a system unless it's a new/different system.

It's very important to note that it's possible that the database may not be entirely correct. The only thread I could find about the system was http://forums.radioreference.com/illinois-radio-discussion-forum/99208-marion-bop-trunk-996t.html and it did not look entirely promising.

wcsd106

Thanks for the replies... I suppose I should have been a little clearer in what I was looking for. Yes, I was looking for manual programming instructions and between the both of you, I got that taken care of.

For the record, the database is quite correct for that agency. I got it up and running late yesterday and it's working like a charm.

Status
Not open for further replies.