MAPLE 91

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Just checking my audio files and found this, 292.175 MHZ
2/18/2015 9:08 AM..... MAPLE 91 asking how do you read me, very clear audio and very strong signal, Don't know who he had contact with, did not her a reply.
Steve

Last edited:

riveter

Premium Subscriber
Maple? That C/S makes me think it might be a syrup-armed pancake-eater from the north, eh ;)

Saint

Premium Subscriber

novascotian

This makes me wonder about military vs civil call signs.... This was heard on an ARTCC UHF frequency, so would Cleveland's transmission be heard simulcast on both this UHF frequency and one of its normal VHF frequencies.. the point being that there is an airline operating in that region,, Sky Regional... with the call sign Maple....... could be confusing, potentially I mean.. so there is the question, do military authorities liaise with I guess FAA or ICAO to avoid using a callsign, or are they entirely separate, and there could be for example a Cactus military flight in the air nearby to a civil flight with a similar callsign.(US Airways...soon to be defunct I guess).. ?

D

DaveNF2G

It would only be confusing if the military mission number and a commercial flight number were identical. There can be multiple flights of the same airline operating in a given sector. They all have different numbers, so there is rarely any confusion.

Also, in this particular case, Sky Regional does not use 2-digit flight numbers. They are all above 7000.

Tech792

Any one have anything on the ID GLARE? Had a GLARE flight coming into Lakehurst earlier. Can't find any info on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.