UniTrunker basics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanbeerschoten

Premium Subscriber
Hi Guys,

I have an SDR configured as the control receiver, and have my BCD396XT setup to be the voice receiver.
So far it's working well, but I have a hard time controlling what I'm hearing and what I want to listen to.

My site is large and at any given time there are multiple conversations going on simultaneously.
I can't for the life of me figure out what TG I am listening to in Unitrunker. I figured out I can lockout certain "target IDs", which I presume is Unitrunker terminology for talk groups.

But, how can I see, in Unitrunker, what TGs I am listening to whenever my scanner outputs audio?

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
The LCN and frequency that is currently active are green in color. As of yet it seems that UniTrunker does not do an overly well job of actually following TG's on a Motorola 3600 baud system (maybe others, all I use it for is that) but the tiered priority possibilities make up for some of this and are actually quite a dandy option to implement; keeps what you want to most listen to in the forefront.

I believe you may be able to make that green color any color you wish; the only color changes I've ever made to UT are to turn the background from white to black.

SCPD

QRT
So far it's working well, but I have a hard time controlling what I'm hearing and what I want to listen to.

I can't for the life of me figure out what TG I am listening to in Unitrunker. I figured out I can lockout certain "target IDs", which I presume is Unitrunker terminology for talk groups.
The source ID is usually a radio ID. The target ID could be a talk group or another radio ID. Examples:

Radio A calls Group B
Radio C calls Radio A

But, how can I see, in Unitrunker, what TGs I am listening to whenever my scanner outputs audio?
As Scott points out, calls selected for listening will have the frequency turn green. An easier way to see what you're listening to is to open the voice role receiver window and scroll to the bottom. You can see the source ID and/or label, the target ID and/or label - and the frequency.

Status
Not open for further replies.