UNIDEN SCANNER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorgos

recently purchase a Uniden BC125AT scanner.I am in South Africa and do not receive any transmissions on my scanner, we use 134-174Mhz hereon our repeater radio's but it is very quiet do not receive anything. Can someone with the knowledge of what I need to do please help.

captclint

Mentor
recently purchase a Uniden BC125AT scanner.I am in South Africa and do not receive any transmissions on my scanner, we use 134-174Mhz hereon our repeater radio's but it is very quiet do not receive anything.
Welcome to RR. Probably not very many from you area here, so I'll see if I can get to your basic problem.
1. Do you know the repeater frequencies that you want to monitor?
2. If so, can you give us a some of examples?
3. If so, have you figured out how to program them into the scanner, and did you put them in?
4. If so, what bank are they in? Is the scanner scanning that bank?
5. Do you know approx how far from any of these repeater sites you are located?

Last edited:

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
Hit 134.00 then hit "Hold". Let it search all the frequencies between 134 and 174 mhz.

Good luck! Welcome to the hobby.

Jorgos

135.1666 is one frequency ,137.1350 is another, the scanner stops at the frequencies but no speech can be heard,even if I use my own radio on repeater it does not pick it up

captclint

Mentor
135.1666 is one frequency ,137.1350 is another, the scanner stops at the frequencies but no speech can be heard,even if I use my own radio on repeater it does not pick it up
Wild guess is that 137 is the top of the AM Aircraft band, so make sure the modualtion is FM, especially on 135.1666. See page 41 of owners manual. I don't know exactly what the step function is, but the scanner will round up to the nearest freq that it can receive from 135.1666. If the step is really 25 kHz, it may be too far off freq.

Last edited:

N8IAA

There is only one police frequency listed in the radio reference database. It is in the 450MHz range. There are 4, or 5 AM aircraft frequencies. It may be best just to use the service searches in the radio to find new frequencies.
HTH,
Larry

ecps92

US Service searches probably won't work for Non USA users.

Probably best for the OP to search
138-174, but as posted in the DB maybe spend some time in the 450-470 range

The 2013 Guide might help in where to LOOK and where to set channel spacings
http://www.itc-services.com/images/ICASA Freq allocation.pdf

There is only one police frequency listed in the radio reference database. It is in the 450MHz range. There are 4, or 5 AM aircraft frequencies. It may be best just to use the service searches in the radio to find new frequencies.
HTH,
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.