BC760XLT Power supply question

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuberadiogeek

I am going to be getting one of these scanners, but it does not come with a power supply. I was curious if anyone could tell me what size plug it needs? I know I have plenty of different power supplies that will work for it, but I likely do not have a plug that will fit it. Also, I am curious if someone could tell me what size battery it uses for memory back up? thanks

tuberadiogeek

I am sure they do. but i'm not trying to spend 15-20.00 on a power supply when I do not need one. All I need is a plug to go into the unit. I have plenty of wall warts that should be enough power to operate the unit.

dkf435

The BC 760XLT uses a 2.1mm x 5.5mm power plug (Radio Shack M plug) you want around a 750ma to 1A power supply. I can find many at the local Goodwill and even some newer that are regulated switching output with a level IV rating for less then $4.

Still have a 760XLT with an AIE TCF4 Tone Code Finder and it displays the PL/DPL tone code.

David Kb7uns

tuberadiogeek

That's what I needed to know. I have a 12 volt 3 amp supply I can put on it. Now does Radio Shack sell individual plugs? I plan to mainly listen to Railroads, but will likely listen to anything that is not trunked.

dkf435

Radio Shack sells the Adaptaplug M size for $6 something and not sure on the cost of the solder on.

I can get much cheaper ac adapter from Goodwill, electronics recycling or yard sale and cut the premolded plug off for cheaper cost.

David Kb7uns

tuberadiogeek

I'm not concerned about spending 6-8.00 for the correct plug. If I can find them at local thrift shops, I can get power supplies for as low as 10 cents, which is how I acquire a majority of my power supplies. When they die or I have no use for that exact voltage I cut the ends off and re-use them on other stuff. There are sometimes where I don't always have the correct plug, which is when I rig something. I could do that with this scanner, but I rather not.

tuberadiogeek

The adaptaplugs were 6.99 each. The solder on plugs were 3.49 for a 2 pack. I never knew they sold plugs for power supplies. Next trip I make there will be to get a proper size plug for my computer speakers amp.

Status
Not open for further replies.