536 hp

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandman1991

Premium Subscriber
Just another ? Can you manually program the unidentifiable 536hp? I have checked out the programs for hp and they are missing some of our local frees thanks again

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
If I understand your question correctly, you're asking if you can add frequencies to the 536HP. The answer is yes, using the Sentinel software that comes with it.

See these two manuals (I've bookmarked the relevant sections):

Easier to Read BCD436/536HP Digital Scanner Manual

Sentinel BCDX36HP Software Manual

Something else you might want to consider is sending your information to RadioReference using the "submit" button in the upper right of this webpage. The database in the 536 is (almost) everything that's in the RR database for your area. If it's not in there, it would benefit everyone if you will submit the data so everyone else can enjoy it.

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
Once you get the hang of the Sentinel software for the 436HP/536HP, you can do anything you want regarding entering frequencies/talk groups. It gets some getting used to, with a learning curve, but these new Unidens are the most flexible programming scanners I have ever used. The ability not only to make favorite lists, turn on/off quick keys, set the scanner only for the "service types" (ie, police, fire, EMS,..) that you want to hear, set up different trunking sites, etc, is truly amazing. But there is a learning curve.
However, while you are learning, you can always just enter your zip code and start scanning immediately. I helped a friend with a 436HP. Within three minutes after taking the scanner out of the box, we were monitoring sites all over Los Angeles. You can also hold on systems, departments/trunk sites, and channels/talk groups. Truly amazing scanners. And now with the WiFi dongle working, even better. The HomePatrol 1 and 2 have many of the same features, but I like the x36HPs better for daily use.
No I do not own any Uniden stock. Just my opinion after being around scanners for 35 years.
Steve AA6IO

sandman1991

Premium Subscriber
536hp

still tryng to figure out how to enter a new freq into 536hp I have a lot of freqs that aren't in the data base I have a boat load of freqs that I have in my rs 197 that aren't in the data base and I cant figure how to enter them

phask

Premium Subscriber
Go to the state / system / area in RR where you hve info. Upper right Submit Info button.

Status
Not open for further replies.